no contact with nri wife from last 9 months

I am an Indian Resident married to a Canadian resident. We were living seperately since our marriage in different countries. After near about 1 year of marriage my wife came up with an illegitimate demand of maintaining her young physically capable brother all through her life and on refusal to such an unethical demand she refused to sponsor me for the Spousal Canadian Visa. After that she stopped communicating with any of my family member. We informed my wife's relatives about the illegitimate demands. Now my wife and my in-laws are hiding their faces from the society after that. They are not ready to attend any of the family meetings. They are justing killing the time. We are not in contact with each other from last 9 months. Neither of us have made any complaint to any Govt./Non Govt. authorities yet. I can reconcile this relationship if she drop her demands. But she don't want to continue this relationship at all. They are unofficially asking me to file a divorce application on my own. But I dont know how they will respond to the divorce case.


My question is that how I should proceed further so that I can get away with those maintainence charges and paying that money for seperation? How can I get divorce from her in such a situation? Please Help!

Relevant Information

Marriage Date and Location - Jan 2018 India

Marriage Registered

Last Contacted with each other in Dec 2018

We lived together for 2 months in India. We last physically met each other in India in October 2018


File suit for divorce in competent court of law thru eminent advocate.the summons will be served through Canadian embassy or ambassador or consul to address which u furnished to serve her.


If they suggest divorce tell them to sign the petition for mutual divorce. It appears they want to keep you busy,just file the divorce petition in India and get the notices served .Without wasting any time it is better to get rid of this relationship as your wife seems not willing to live with you as per your narration..


After filing the petition of divorce in the court, the court will issue the notice to the opposite party and summons will be made through post. If opposite party does not accept such post you may also send the summons on their email or through watsaap also. If they does not apper in the court the opposite party will ger ex partee and ex partee divorce will be granted to you by the court.


Advocate Lakshya Manchanda

email: lakshyamanchanda2709@gmail.com 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Complete Hindu Laws Course     |    x