new law for senior citizens to take back gift deed

Hi, my parents jointly owned a property which was self acquired. My father gave his portion to me via gift deed as at that time I was a divorcee living with them with my daughter. My mother is owner of other half which she has willed that it would go to my father after her death and to me in case he goes before her. Since then, I got married and living on that property alongwith my husband and my parents and daughter. However, now my parents are not happy that I got re-married and they want to take back the half portion my father gave to my through gift deed. Can my father cancel the gift deed? I spent lot of money renovating this property and has cost me my life's savings. I am not left with anything much to buy another place to stay. My husband has a private job and I am also in private service. He is not earning that well that he can maintain the family independently. I have a good job but I was planning to leave it as we are planning a baby. Now, since my father is threatening to cancel the gift deed, we are very depressed as to what to do... please advice!


no, gift can not be revoked once accepted.

Relax, if the Gift Deed is registered with appropriate Stamp Duty and Registration charges paid and signed in the presence of 2 witnesses, it cannot be revoked.


Thanks so much for your replies.  I am now 5 months pregnant and living under constant threats from my parents that they will kick us out.  They have even gone to the extent of threatening to file cases against us that we are harassing senior citizens and even called the police once since I was scolding my daughter about something and they did not like it! All we want to do is live peacefully but unfortunately, all the mental torture is really affecting my health and pregnancy. My husband too has limited coming to this house now and is spending time here as well as with his parents so that my parents don't get hassled seeing him around :-( ..... and they say childrent torture old parents!!!


they can file civil case in for cancellation and that say u r doing misbehaving with thm...and they can take back
Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh

In the given facts, there is no ocassion before your father to cancel the said gift-deed which otherwise cannot be except of conditional gift.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu