Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Munni   31 January 2018

Need urgent advice on maintenance

Dear All,

We are separated for few years and divorce case in going on. In the mean time court has ordered for interim maintenance and my husband is not paying any money..My arrear is more then 9 lakhs rupee adn never pay any thing...He escaped from India and staying at foreign country..As per recent information, he sold his all property in India and no bank balance in India too.. he is changing few coutry now and not keeping any money in his name in forign bank account too..

At first he filed divorce and he went few times to higher court to get reduce the interim amount, but no success for him..now in responce he is saying that he will nto pay any money and he is planning to withdraw the dicorce case..

I have not filed any 498or DV case so far and separated for more then 6 years..

My Query

1. My advovate is recommending to file contempt case against him..Is it a good idea? 

2. His intension not pay money and to withdraw the divorce case...after that he want to run away from the country..how will be success rate for him to run away from Idia? Can I file DV or other case in he will with draw the case and make arrest in India?

Learning

50 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Munni
Dear All,

We are separated for few years and divorce case in going on. In the mean time court has ordered for interim maintenance and my husband is not paying any money..My arrear is more then 9 lakhs rupee adn never pay any thing...He escaped from India and staying at foreign country..As per recent information, he sold his all property in India and no bank balance in India too.. he is changing few coutry now and not keeping any money in his name in forign bank account too..

At first he filed divorce and he went few times to higher court to get reduce the interim amount, but no success for him..now in responce he is saying that he will nto pay any money and he is planning to withdraw the dicorce case..

My Query

1. My advovate is recommending to file contempt case against him..Is it a good idea? 

2. His intension not pay money and to withdraw the divorce case...after that he want to run away from the country..how will be success rate for him to run away from Idia? Can I file DV or other case in he will with draw the case and make arrest in India?

Even if he don’t withdraw divorce case, his divorce case will be dismissed.
Yours case I seen and replied many times in past 6 years.
One more year and it be 7 years, you can simply file divorce and remarry someone else.
9 laksh due will become 12 lakhs due. And he wont come back even if you file some other case.  Some other case you cant file also, due to time bar.  When there is no contact at all between you two no court will register your case, if you cry and hue then it may accept pettion but later it will get dismissed.
Why couldn’t you find some other guy and remarry, what is point in waiting for rains? He wont come back.  Court wont give you alimony, only it can order and enforce but what can court do if he is not caught.  Marriage is personal law.  It is not criminal offence against the society.  Do you think court will send army to catch hold of your husband and put him behind bars? If he is put behind bars you will have to pay 100 rs per day to jail to maintain him.  Forget old balance, your balance of 3000 rs per month will grow if he is caught.
Why yo u both are not understanding it is over?

(Guest)
Dear All,

My Query

One more year and it be 7 years, you can simply file divorce and remarry someone else.
9 laksh due will become 12 lakhs due. And he wont come back even if you file some other case.  Some other case you cant file also, due to time bar.  When there is no contact at all between you two no court will register your case, if you cry and hue then it may accept pettion but later it will get dismissed.
Why couldn’t you find some other guy and remarry, what is point in waiting for rains? He wont come back.  Court wont give you alimony, only it can order and enforce but what can court do if he is not caught.  Marriage is personal law.  It is not criminal offence against the society.  Do you think court will send army to catch hold of your husband and put him behind bars? If he is put behind bars you will have to pay 100 rs per day to jail to maintain him.  Forget old balance, your balance of 3000 rs per month will grow if he is caught.

(Guest)
Dear All,

My Query

(Guest)
Dear All,

My Query

(Guest)
Dear All,

My Query

(Guest)
Dear All,

My Query

(Guest)
Dear All,

My Query

(Guest)
Dear All,

My Query

(Guest)
Dear All,

My Query

(Guest)
Dear All,

My Query

(Guest)
Dear All,

My Query

(Guest)
Dear All,

My Query

(Guest)
Dear All,

My Query

(Guest)
Dear All,

My Query

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register