Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ritiksrivastava   03 May 2015

Need ur assistance

dear all,

one and a half month back my parents arranged for me to see a girl for marriage. the family of girl were old aquaintances and were very eager for the marrige. i met the girl in a public place with all the family members and liked her.after two days of meetingg we consented for the marriage and informed the girl parents. after some time we started to chat casually on facebook and whatsapp. 

some days back her parents came to my house for finalising the talks and the meeting went cordially. we enquired about the family in their native district which is different from ours and their social reputation there is very bad. now i dont want to marry the girl. my question is CAN THERE BE ANY LEGAL HARM THEY CAN CAUSE TO ME AND MY FAMILY ON THE BASIS OF OUR CHATS.

P.S. i am a hindu boy and no customs of any kind have been done yet. not even a single penny is transferred between the families.

kindly help me and please dont bullsh*t around here. only serious suggestions are required

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     03 May 2015

Sir,

What kind of chats went between you is Important factor for any legal action that can be taken against you, Anyways don't communicate them directly that because of reputation and all you were planning to not to get married, I mean convey in a different manner so that they don't feel offended.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Adv

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     03 May 2015

Buddy, if you have decided not to go for a marriage for x number of reason stick to that and communicate to the girls family subtly on the decision. Stop any future communications with that girl. It is a brave decision to take but once the mind has decided not to go for then stop then and there because "prevention is better than cure".

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register