LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Asif Rais (Private)     06 November 2014

Need to know compensation amount of mobile

Sir, i purchased the Mobile of Amount 37000 /- rs. of Samsung Galaxy S4.

Mobile is heating and battery draining so i visited service centres and more than 8 Times i submitted but Issue not resolved.

Samsung Changed the Motherboard battery and updated software more than 5 times but still problem not resolved.

Now i want to know that my product amount is 37,000 and i am going to lodge case in Consumer forum so i want to know what is the max, compensation amount i can claim?

I want to know the amount so i can file the petition in Local District Forum?

Please reply me as soon as possible.

Learning

4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     06 November 2014

Dear, You can claim any amount, but according to ask for 2 lacs for the harrasment being caused to you. Adv kapil chandna, 9899011450

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     06 November 2014

You can ask for double of the price of cell phone i.e. Rs. 1 lac will be correct.

C.Shanmugam (x)     06 November 2014

Sir,

First you should create documents for filing case in your District consumer Court.

1. Send notice to the Sales Agent of Phone for free replacement of new phone by indicating previous attempts made for rectification of defects and fixing 21 days time for replacements.

2, If you have not received neither reply nor replacement, you may file case along with application fee.

3. There is no limit for compensation amount. But, you can claim compensation on various heads( for mental agony, deficiencies in services, Unfair trade activities etc) along with cost for filing complaint.

Regards,

C.Shanmugam

06-11-2014

E mail : shanmugam628@yahoo.co.in

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 November 2014

The compensation amount claimed should be reasonable and justifiable.   It may be any amount. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register