Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant Trivedi   30 January 2019

Need to change normal grill provided by builder to box grill

Hello Freinds, 

I am residing in Locality called Bhayander (Near Mumbai entry point) & I own a flat in 7 story building where my flat is on the first floor. The builder has already provided standard safety grill at all the balconies & windows of the flat. The only issue is there is some elevated structure just in front of my living room balcony. This has a fair amount of walkable area which raises concern as labor for any exterior work in adjacent society building can easily walk through till my window. Due to which I raised a request to society to allow me to change the existing standard safety grill to box grill so that area of that elevated structure will no longer be walkable, but committee members are not in agreement on the basis that it will affect the aesthetics of the building  & also, other people will start demanding similar things. 

Can this decision be challenged considering any aspects like security or privacy or any other supporting reason for the cause?

Thanks & Regards, 

Prashant Trivedi  

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Varun Vij (Advocate)     30 January 2019

Please let us know if the Society is formed? Usually no one can stop you from making any alterations to your flat till it is affecting the structure of the building. Putting a box grill is a reasonable change which does not weaken the buiding. 

Usually, the residents and the adhoc committee for their pleasure behave in this accord and harass the residents. I suggest try speaking to them and amiably resolve this issue if they dont give a reasonable reason you may ask it through a legal notice.

Feel free to get in touch with me for assistance.

Juris Falcons Law Group
Advocate Varun Vij

Prashant Trivedi   30 January 2019

Thank you for a quick response Advocate Varun Vij. 

Yes, the society formed approximately 3 years back. The age of the building is around 5 years as we received OC in the year 2014. 

Only reason till now they gave to me that people can see  grill coming out & hence they will think that I took an opportunity to extend the living room area but I clearly explained that the living room window will be as it is on current position only change which I am proposing is to have box grill from already given standard grill. Also, I felt that they are not happy that I will get more balcony space compared to others  but they try to tweak with other wordings rather than expressing the actual concern.  

Can you please advice how to proceed with the legal process in order to get it back to them with legal orders or justification?

Thanks & Regards, 

Prashant Trivedi 

Adv. Varun Vij (Advocate)     30 January 2019

Hello Prashant,

Please feel free to reach out on contact no. mentioned in signature so we can discuss this issue,

Juris Falcons Law Group
Advocate Varun Vij

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register