Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MRA   15 May 2016

Need lawyer for 498a trial in bangalore

Dear Experts,

One of my friends needs a good lawyer in Bangalore immediately for his 498A trial. I am looking up to the expertise and experience of the other members for suggestions in this regard. Any names or suggestions will be highly appreciated. 

Kindly PM me if such details are not allowed to be shared in the open forum.

Thanks in anticipation.

Learning

3 Replies

Q Slinger (NA)     26 May 2016

Although many lawyers may raise their hands saying that they are the best in the market, the best way for your friend to find a good lawyer is by the following:

1. Go to the court where the trial is and monitor cases and lawyer presence, arguments and over all knowledge.Do this in other courts as well. Do this for atleast 10 to 15 days and finalise a list of 10-15 lawyers.

2. Talk to other 498a accused in that court to see who their lawyer is and how he is doing. Speak to the bench clerk and see who is most effective and which lawyer is the judge is most likely to listen to.

3. Once list is finalised, approach each of the lawyers and present your case and see what each of them have to say. Avoid the ones who say "Leave it to me, I will take care of it" or the one's who say "Don't worry about fees". Avoid the ones who make huge promises and ask you to file counter cases right away. The idea is to get out of the case you are in. see if the lawyer is speaking general language or legal language. See if he is infact paying attention to your case or more interested in figuring out your self worth (More worth more fees)

4. Avoid the ones who want fees upfront. I usually split my payments in 4 X 25% for cases. 25% at the time of hiring the lawyer, 25 at time of framing of charges, 25 during cross and 25 before judgement. For petitions, I do a 2 or 3 split payment. 

After years of running arounds courts...this is how I suggest everyone to

This is how I finalised my lawyer with him. Everything discussed up front and I am very happy with him. 

Hope this helps.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     30 May 2016

From my personal experience, I can say,

I have never seen any good lawyer.

I can plead better than most of the lawyers I have seen.
Though, I am not a lawyer.

Steps are as follows –

1. WS
  2. Witness examination
  3. Cross-examination
  4. Submission of all Evidences and Arguments
  5. Judgments

Please add points if I have forgotten any.

Please check my profile links for sample petition and other clues.

mubeen (MD)     25 June 2016

harass opposite by filing custody or conjugal or any other immediately.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register