Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adavesh (Software Engineer)     07 December 2009

Need information for change of name

Hell Sir/Madam,

I want to change my name. So, what is the exact procedure to change the name? After the name change what I have to do for reflecting the new name on my passport, pan card, ration card, driving license etc.?
Please give me the solution.

Thank you.

Learning

9 Replies

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     07 December 2009

Approach the Government press or Gazette Publication division in your state. Get an application for change of name. Fill it up and submit it with necessary charges. After publication, you will be given a copy. Then give public notice of change of your name in a local daily. Thats it.

Then, with the above copies of Gazette and news paper, apply to passport office, and respective authorities to carry out the name change.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     07 December 2009

I do agree with the views of My Ld. Friend

Thank you for your reply sir. Last one thing to ask, I am working in an IT company. If I change my name, there should not be any problem from my company. Am I right?

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     07 December 2009

Change of name is your personal affaiar. What kind of problem you expect from your company.

Problem in the sense, When the name is changed,  the company may refuse to register my new name. I have not enquired about that in my company yet but most companies do not want to take over burdain. In case they refuse to accept my new name, what should I do?

Along with this I have another query that My educational certificates will have my old name on them. I think it doesn't matter with my name change. Am I right? or please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you.

I hope that the company will have any objection to carry out the name change. In case they refuse, you have approach legally.

You can do it if necessary. You appraoch the university from which you graduated with all the docuements and fill the required form with fee. They will carry out the name change.

Adavesh (Software Engineer)     08 December 2009

Thank you very much Ramesh Sir, you helped me a lot in this regard. I am very much pleased with your quick reply. I had never expected such a fast and helpfull response when I first posted my question here. It will be wonderfull to visit this site for any problems.

I will be back with any other questions or problems. Also, please share any important information about name change.

Thank you very much again,

Adavesh

Bharathi (Software Engineer)     10 February 2010

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your kind information. I need address for  Government Publication Depot,  817, Anna Salai, Chennai-2. I found it in the govt  website. But i  need exact location or Landmark .  As i am new face to chennai , i need it. I like to change my name  and  whom should i contact  at which location. Please reply me as soon as possible.

Regards

Bharathi. A

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     10 February 2010

next to higgin botham book house and opposite to LIC

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register