Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hemanshu (Employee)     07 August 2008

Need help on confusion for Maharashtra Stamp Duty Amnesty 2008

Hi,

Thank you for taking out time to read my problem.

Our family owns a flat in Mumbai, purchased in 1993. It was purchased for 7,45,000 and we had paid stamp duty of 27,500 at the prevailing rate in 1993.

My questions are as follows:

1) We paid the stamp duty, but did NOT do stamp duty registration. Under amnesty, what actions should we take for this? Should we register the stamp duty payment right away and also pay some penalty for the same?

2) We are the THIRD owners of this property. The original owner bought it from the builder in March, 1979 for 49,000 rs. and the second owner bought it from the first in May 1990 for 4,25,000. We have the original sale agreements, BUT, we do NOT have any information on stamp duty payment or registration.

In lieu of information in point 2, are we responsible for stamp duty payment and registration of these 2 agreements? If so, what penalty and amounts should we pay for this in current Stamp Duty Amnesty of Maharashtra 2008?

Thank you once again for your help,

Hemanshu

Learning

1 Replies

Guest (n/a)     12 August 2008

Dear Sir,

we sold a property in 1977 and got 4 flats in lieu of the property. 2 of us received 2 flats and 2  flats went to my aunt's fly.  I got one flat in my name. Now since the building on our property did not come up I took a flat in the adjoining plot on which the same builder was constructing 2 buildings. The builder handed over the keys and the share certificate in my name in 1984.

The exchange deal document done by the builder has been misplaced. Although valuation of the flat of 1984 is done as 50% of 1990 market value, how do I take advantage of the Amnesty scheme 2008 without the original or xerox copy of the flat document. 

Please advice.

Thanks

Carlisle

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register