LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lawyers friend (na)     04 August 2008

Need help in RTI application

SIR I NEED TO THIS RTI APPLICATION TO MANY BANKS.PLEASE CHECK AND LET ME KNOW THIS IS RIGHT FORMAT AND HOW I CAN I MAKE MORE EFFECTIVE THIS RTI APPLICATION.ANY EDIT I NEED TO DO.

With Rged with AD.                                10STAMP

To,

The Public Information Officer

BANK NAME

ADD.

Sub: - Information on Loan Products and Disbursement procedure of loan products under Right to Information ACT 2005.

Dear Sir/Madam,

The applicant is a citizen of India. Kindly provide me the requested information under Right to Information ACT 2005.

1)      Information REGARDING criteria for choosing customers for providing Loan Products (Credit Card, Personal Loan, Home loan etc.)

2)      Information REGARDING documents being collected to prove the eligibility for the same.

3)      Information REGARDING the steps/procedure to check the authenticity of the individual and the documents provided.

4)      Information REGARDING time (max and min) to take decision (approve/decline) the application?

5)      Information REGARDING basis of declining or approving an Application and does the reason for declining is being made available to the applicant.

6)      Information REGARDING KYC norms and how they are followed are they applicable to specific Loan Products or to each and every one.

Kindly note that I am not seeking personal information which would compromise the privacy of any individual OR which would affect your competitive position.

To the best of my knowledge the information sought does not fall within the restrictions contained in Section 8 and 9 of the Act and it pertains to your office.

Thanks to please provide me this information as it will be very useful to understand the Banking fraternity and loan products of bank.

Thanks and Regards

NAME

ADD

Learning

10 Replies

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     04 August 2008

You should also mention that you have
paid the requisite fees as per the act and you are ready to bear the
necessary expenses such as photocopying etc that are going to be
incurred for supply of inforamtion(only if you called for copies ofsome record).

podicheti.srinivas (advocate/legal consultant)     05 August 2008

The expenses incurred for providing the information is hereby submitted  by me in the form of a demand draft/challan.

lawyers friend (na)     05 August 2008

SIR SOME OF MY FRIEND SAYS I CAN'T ASK INFORMATION  UNDER RTI ACT 2005 FROM PRIVATE BANKS.ITS TRUE SO HOW CAN I ASK INFORMATION FROM PRIVATE BANKS.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     07 August 2008

Information cannot be asked from a private bank, as the act is applicable to public authorities only. It is certain that a private bank is not a public authority.

Is a public sector bank is a public authority? The point is debatable. merely because the state is engaged in providing a commerecial activity on commercial terms, it becomes difficult to put them into the definition of "public authorities".

Many a times even a private person can be a public authority. There are many cases where a writ petition has been entertained against private persons, like private school or hospitals, when it was found that they were discharging public functions.

All the banks enjoy/excercises certain public power with respect to debt recovery- in those functions the banks work as public authorities and they will be amenable to RTI.

Slightly tedious issue- will be decided in course of time by judicial pronouncements.  

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     09 August 2008

Only public sector banks are covered by RTI. Private sector banks can be accessed through RBI under section 2(f) of RTI Act.

shamit sanyal (advocate)     16 August 2008

As such there is specific format but some authorities in their respective cites has posted respective formats please see those.

But on the first phase go through Mr : Rajesh Kumar's comments other wise your exercise will become fruitless.

A.Mohamed Thaheer (ADVOCATE)     02 April 2009

Initially, a format for making application had been prescribed (Form "A") and the same was appended at the end of the RTI Act,2005.

Subsequently, for the convenience of the common man, it has been allowed to write in a plain paper seeking your information under R.T. Act, 2005.

The important points needed in the Application are as follows: 

APPLICATION FOR SEEKING INFORMATION UNDER R.T. ACT, 2005.

In Person/ (or) preferably by Registered Post with A.D.

To                                 for future legal action to be taken if necessary.

The Public Information Officer/ Head of the Department

Name of the Bank,

Name of the City

Name of the District

Name of the State

Name of the Country

Pin code No. (if available)

1.  Name of the Applicant with full POSTAL ADDRESS

2. Name of the Department: (from where you wish to get the information)

3. Particulars of information required: (Subject in Brief)

4. Details of Information required: (e.g. Statement of Account, Voucher Copy etc.,etc.,

5. Period for which the information is sought for: (i.e. for the period from 1996-2008 etc., etc.,

6. A fee of Rs.10/- has been paid directly in the office vide Receipt No.     Date

or sent through Demand Draft/Postal order vide  No.          Date.

7. Please furnish me the required information under the eligible provisions of

the R.T. Act, 2005.

8. Necessary photo copy of the receipt for having paid the Application fee is

enclosed herewith for favour necessary action.

Date:                                                                                         Yours faithfully,

Station                                                                          (Signature of the Applicant)

The above format will be sufficient for seeking information under R.T. Act, 2005

Raja (XYZ)     11 July 2011

complecated issue, i would like to invite experts to comment on this topic.

kumar (manager)     04 September 2011

we need copies of articles of association of icici bank & ICICI General insurance compnay under RTI Act 2005

how do i proceed

shall i visit the ICICI Bank in person ro approach through the RBI officer

please help

regards

kumar

(Guest)

Why the CIC New Delhi itself clarifies all such tricky points taking a proactive stand? Onus will then be on the part of the private banks to get a court's order to deny the information.In my considered view section 8 of the RTI Act should be deleted wiwth a rider that in case a PIO/CPIO feels that info requested will compromise counties safety security blah blah blah / privacy of an individual blah blah it will be their duty to approach SIC/CIC as applicable in writing to get the relief. Now it will be the duty of the SIC/CIC to dispose of the case within a stipulated time say 7 days to enable the PIO/CPIO to reply the applicant within 30 days as specified.

Unless this is done almost all including the PSU banks will take advantage of Sec 8 of the Act and make the RTI Act a laughing stock. In the instant case PSU banks are responding well. I have not tried with PVT BAnks directly or through RBI. It is now the duty of the RBI to be proactive and intimate through their web site what all information they think the PVT banks must provide. Once it is known PVT banks will have no problem in providing those info direct to the info seekers.

I request admin of this site to take the case with the RBI and educate us in this respect.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register