LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rhea   31 August 2017

Need advice on mcd dismissed case

Hi, As per the advises received on this forum and mediation from family we went ahead with MCD. They agreed to give the money left after calculating all the expenses of marriage. Petition was filed on 13th Jan 2017 in the court in my hometown. I went there attended all the proceedings...mediation. i had to go to my hometowm by taking leave in the month of july post 6 months cooling off period. Then i went again to attend all the 3 mediation hearings in august and now on the day of final hearing magistrate cancelled the petition saying the case have been filed too early as the date of separation was mentioned as 15th May 2016 so 1 year was not completed. We married 22nd apr 2015. I tool leave for 15 days in 2 months attended 5 hearings and now m back to 0 as the magistrate denied the petition. I am mentally, physically tired.. time and money wasted. Now the lawyer suggests to file a fresh petition Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=130490&offset=5

Learning

17 Replies

sai narayana   31 August 2017

Ignore

Kunuthur Srinivasa Reddy   31 August 2017

Your Counsel seems to have taken you for a ride by mismanaging the case. Otherwise, how one that the petition for MCD was filed prematurely and that it was rejected by the Magistrate? In India, clients must be more active and alert than the lawyers in managing the cases.

Your Counsel seems to have taken you for a ride by mismanaging the case. Otherwise, how one that the petition for MCD was filed prematurely and that it was rejected by the Magistrate? In India, clients must be more active and alert than the lawyers in managing the cases.

rhea   02 September 2017

Now I am thinking yo file a mental harassment case.

Anil Upadhyay (Lawyer)     02 September 2017

Be particular and come up with proper details, otherwise again you will get adverse advice.

rhea   03 September 2017

Please suggest

rhea   03 September 2017

Please suggest

rhea   03 September 2017

I left the matrimonial home because they wanted me to work. they talked about me badly with my relatives. guy denied bearing my expensesif I leave the job. using my relatives n in the name of society they pressurised me for divorce. I know it is difficult to prove as long time had gone silently and verbal things are difficult to prove

sai narayana   03 September 2017

Instead of repenting for yours or your lawyer mistakes, better file a new petition as soon as possible so that your long suffer will end within 6 months itself and don't spoil your health and wealth by contemplating any other ventures please.

Kunuthur Srinivasa Reddy   04 September 2017

Mental harassment is difficult to prove in a Court of Law. MCD itself means mutually agreed and consented separation for which lawyers of both the parties should work in close coordination and understanding based on the sincere desire of both the clients respectively with due respect and honour to the judicial procedures. Do not pile up number of fresh petitions as it is a headache and nuisance to handle them besides expensive to keep on feeding the lawyers on both sides.

Mental harassment is difficult to prove in a Court of Law. MCD itself means mutually agreed and consented separation for which lawyers of both the parties should work in close coordination and understanding based on the sincere desire of both the clients respectively with due respect and honour to the judicial procedures. Do not pile up number of fresh petitions as it is a headache and nuisance to handle them besides expensive to keep on feeding the lawyers on both sides.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register