@Mrityunjay: First I would like to suggest that dont take any decision in revenge. Pls be calm. Let the girl think thousand times before filing 498a. She has to take decision by serious thinking. She should ask following questions to herself before filing 498a .
1) Whether she is ready to fight the case till the end? As case may go on and on for 4 to 8 yrs.
2) Whether she has finally decided not to live with husband at any cost?
3) Whehter they have any children? Wht abt them? their custody?
4) Whether she is interested in money/ property or want a peaceful life?
5) She can definitely ask for maintenance and boy is ought to give it. ( You can file this case immediately)
6) But pls file 498a after lot of thinking. as then marriage survival will be a rare case.
7) I dont mean, she should not teach the abusive husband a lesson. If he has beaten her, she can complain of domestic violence and other IPC sections. But dont file 498a immeidately. She can file that any any point of time later on. Its a lethal weapon and has to be used only when girl has no other option and wants to end the marriage and teach the abusive husband a lesson for his crime.
All this I am talking from my sisters genuine DV case and its experience.