Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saikumar (Techlead)     07 April 2014

Need advice

Hi Sir

I am working in IT industry. we were having a land dispute which is recently legally solved solved in 2006. my father expired  2007. my mom has registered the land on me and my brother. before that while the judgement is in pending th other guy has registered the same land on his daughter and then to his son. Now that the legal dispute has resolved and we are planning tosell the land. can he create any problem . and what is the procedure we can follow with the land sale.

we have only the saledeed and EC and eB and water ills on our name.

Please advise.

regards

Sai

Learning

2 Replies

C Fernandes (Manager)     08 April 2014

Dear Sir,

I am residing in Mumbai. I had leakage problem from the top flat bathroom, which destroyed my master bedroom (ceiling, interiors, furniture). I did inform them in the past on several occasions, but they paid no heed. Now when the water started dripping in our flat, they asked us for 50% of the cost for repairs of their bathroom and repaired their bathroom.  My second bathroom was also affected because the top floor balcony was leaking. Just wanted to know

1. When the wear and tear of the bathroom/flat  is done by the owner, isn't he/she reponsible for the repairs?

2. What about the damage suffered by the lower flat owner on account of their negligence?

3. Will the lower flat owner  be responsibile to share  50% of the cost  everytime (bathrooms, balconies) for all the leakages arising from the top flat due to the wear and tear of their flat ?  Or  is it  the reponsibility of the individual flat owner to take care of the internal repairs and  not make the lower flat owners scapegoat  since the leakage is affected them?

4. Please advise.

C Fernandes (Manager)     10 April 2014

Originally posted by : C Fernandes

Dear Sir,

I am residing in Mumbai. I had leakage problem from the top flat bathroom, which destroyed my master bedroom (ceiling, interiors, furniture). I did inform them in the past on several occasions, but they paid no heed. Now when the water started dripping in our flat, they asked us for 50% of the cost for repairs of their bathroom and repaired their bathroom.  My second bathroom was also affected because the top floor balcony was leaking. Just wanted to know

1. When the wear and tear of the bathroom/flat  is done by the owner, isn't he/she reponsible for the repairs?

2. What about the damage suffered by the lower flat owner on account of their negligence?

3. Will the lower flat owner  be responsibile to share  50% of the cost  everytime (bathrooms, balconies) for all the leakages arising from the top flat due to the wear and tear of their flat ?  Or  is it  the reponsibility of the individual flat owner to take care of the internal repairs and  not make the lower flat owners scapegoat  since the leakage is affected them?

4. Please advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register