LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jagadesh (Engineer)     16 March 2013

Need a clarification

Hi Sir, i have made a sale agreement(not registered) with a buyer to sell the land with in 6 months and got the advance of Rs.10 lakh. But after 6 months the buyer is not intrested to buy the land. We have given another 3 months to buy if he wish to complete the transaction. But after 3 months the buyer send a legal notice of demanding the advance amount to be returned with penalty of 18%.

There is a Remedy clause in the sale agreement, if any party breach the contract which reads as follows:

"That in case the seller backs out from this transaction then the seller is liable to refund the double amount of the earnest money to the buyer and in case the buyer backs out from this transaction then his paid amount of earnest money shall be forfeited by the seller.

Also in the sale agreement one of the legal heir did not sign the agreement. my concern is whether we need to pay all the advance amount or we can gain any penalty amount from the buyer? Awaiting for reply

Learning

3 Replies

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     16 March 2013

It seems that the earnest money belongs to you now.

jagadesh (Engineer)     19 March 2013

Thanks for the reply. As one of my son did not sign the agreement (as he was in out station), is that we have breached the agreement?

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     19 March 2013

If he is only a legal heir then you do not appear to have breached any normal agreement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register