Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul (ar)     10 November 2010

Need Help

Dear Sir / Mam,

I m Rahul. My father owns a property, which is a joint Property. My father has two brother and two sisters. one of his sister had died. On ground floor there is a shop which was given to the elder brother of my father, and 1st and 2nd floor were given to us for residing there 12-13  years ago during the partition of our family. The younger brother of my father is residing in other city. Now the problem is that we dont have any document regarding the ownership of our house, we only have a agreement for residing in the house which was made at the time of partition. The documents for the ownership are with the elder brother of my father. Me and my brother and sister study in banglore and my mom dad wants to shift over there. My question is that, after leaving the house if elder brother of my dad will acquire the house, den can we fight legally with them and claim our right??. We have taken the care of the house for 12-13 years so did it provide any benefit to us.?? Can the sisters eligible for claiming their right in house?? Shall my mom and dad leave the house?? What can i do for getting the original document?? My dad and uncle are not talking so it is not possible for demanding the document from them, is there any other way?? Please help me

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

YOU MAY KINDLY APPLY TO CITY SURVEY OFFICE WHICH IS MAINTAINING RECORDS OF TRANSFER OF HOUSE  PROPERTY. ONCE YOU GET THE PROPERTY OWNERSHIP DOCUMENTS YOU WILL COME TO KNOW IT STANDS ON WHOSE NAME. YOU MAY GET YOUR NAME ENTERED ON THE SAID PROPERTY BY AN APPLICATION AND NO OBJECTION OF OTHER HEIRS.GOOD LUCK.

1 Like

rahul (ar)     11 November 2010

Thanks alot Sawant sir for your valuable advice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register