LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Need Advice

My wife and me are living seperately and since a year has not elapsed to pur marriage we have not opted for a legal course but since we r not able to resolve it this is evident that we will be going for a seperation.

I have two concerns:

1. My wife is a professional and earning a gud amount of 40K per month but have recently noticed that she has taken long leave on the medical grounds claimimng back pain...that would result in her getting on leave without pay mode. My concern is that whether she can claim maintenence from me if she is purpousely leaving a job but had been in a job for 3 years and had been earning a fair amount of 40k per month. She is a professional - Company secretary..

2. I have been communicating with her to be back but she hasnt agreed and have been keeping quiet of her intentions. In case after a year of marriage neither she applies for a divorce nor comes back what are the options available to me. Can I apply for a divorce and If she contests how much time may it take to get divorce.

3.  will the new laws be of any help..........as

Learning

1 Replies

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     26 June 2010

Dear Author,

U are newly married and it takes time for adjustment. Don't go for legal proceedings. Go to ur wife and resettle ur matters whatever a there. For more queries u can call me at 9871158578.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register