Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

streetrider (nil)     28 November 2012

Nbw issued when summons not served in 498a

Hello please help.

my wife has filed 498a and without our knowledge the police have put chargesheet, my parents, brothers sisters and brother in laws are on bail. Yesterday the magistrate has issued NBW against all of us and the enemy party are calling us and threatning to arrest us based on NBW, we had no idea that the case was put up in the court and no summons was served on us to attend the court. Please help on what to do next,

Learning

18 Replies

Thank you sir.

Nobody has informed us that CS has been filed, they have done everything in secret and today was the first date. We checked int he court today evening and findout that NBW has been issued on the first hearing itself. 

Where should we go to get the NBW recalled, Magistrate court or sessions court.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 November 2012

If you do not act immediately then on next date all of you are in jail.

Sir what should we do, go to court today and request to cancel the NBW?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     28 November 2012

You have been advised well, go for cancellation of NBW.

3 Like

got nbw cancelled. Thanks everyone for suggesting.

victim (master)     28 November 2012

Thats great. but please share will all of us that how NBW was issued after granting bail. and how is it possible that you were not informed at time of filing of chargesheet as it cant be filed in absence of accused or his lawyer.(as mentioned by Ashish sir above). From this episode can we conclude that P.P our lawyer and Police can join hands to affect case and harasse husband further. please share with all of us here.

thanks in advance

regards

victim

Rashid Ali (own practice as a criminal lawyer)     28 November 2012

you need not to worry go to megistrate court ,and apply for the nbw recall. definetly nbw will be recalled.

Rashid Ali (own practice as a criminal lawyer)     28 November 2012

one query for all my seniors . i have never seen filling chargesheet before accused or councel specially in megistrate courts . after recieving chargesheet court summons to accused.

surjit singh (Assistant)     28 November 2012

Yes Mr Rashi I too is surprised to see the comment that charge sheet is submitted before accused. Mr Streetrider,  Charge sheet is submitted by the police after investigation to the CJM and the CJM then takes cognizance on the chargesheet  and then summons are issued by the accused. It appears you took the bail after submission of the chagesheet from the court where the trial of the case is proceeding, so in that case on non appearance the NBW has been isused.

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     28 November 2012

please let us have the inside story as to how did it happen without the knowledge of your advocate and yourself ?

Police has submitted the CS in September and they didn't inform us, the CJM has written to issue summons but nobody from court bothered to issue us summons for some reason. So when the first hearing came, the clerk told CJM that no summons has been issued but he still without even reading anything issued NBWs.

Today we went and put new application and were present in the court, again without even reading he cancelled it. Everything was over in 10 minutes today.

This is the state of Indian judiciary and we all have to suffer caught in it.

jashwanth kumar thota (Lawyer)     28 November 2012

This happens in lower courts.advocate must me alert and clarify about problem ,he has to rise his voice.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 November 2012

case is registered in court much before chargesheet andyou neglecte the case. Still there is time to mend if you want

surjit singh (Assistant)     29 November 2012

It is not the fault of your advocate. It is because of the miscommunicaton of the official of the court and the judge. Since you have appeared and now the case will proceed for trial and the stage of charge fraiming will come. Ask your lawyer to argue against the fraiming of the charge.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register