LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit   16 July 2015

Name transfer

First of all let me say that I don't know where about of my father since 2011 and I have filed an official FIR to the police station. My mother also passed away in 2004. Now in 2004 my father asked the society in written to transfer home to my name as legal hair as I am the only son with no sisters or brothers. Society did approve it and changed the name on register. Since then all correspondence being done with my name. Electricity bill, Municipal tax bill all are changed to my name but now when I asked them to put my name on society share certificate, they says it's not possible as my father is alive. I asked them if this is the case then all this 10 years why no body turned up. They says Chairman in 2004 has made a mistake by approving it and now it's denied by the auditor as it's not legal. As I said I don't know where about of my father what is the legal way now.

Learning

2 Replies

ADVOCATE DIMPLE JINDAL (Advocate)     16 July 2015

when a person did not found / seen anywhere in the last seven years, then in that case he / she will be assumed as dead as per law. After passing of such seven years, we can get death certificate from the concerened authority, not before seven years. As you have told that you didnot know where your father is after 2011, then it is four years approx passed away to see your father last. You have to wait for three more years more or pray to god, perhaps your fathers came back......My blessings are with you. 

Amit   16 July 2015

It's all about the timing. They did not say anything during 2004-2011 when my father was around. That's good seven years. Are they not in fault ? There is no altenate way ?

Please guide.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register