Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak (ITA)     29 May 2014

Name issue for me and wife on ids

Hi,

My Name is "Deepak Kumar" everywhere in all my documents and my father's name is "D N Singh" in some documents & "Dina Nath Singh" in some other documents. I belong to "Patwa" caste which is in OBC in both State Govt. Uttar Pradesh and Central Govt. India. My father never used "Patwa" as his surname and used "Singh" as his surname which is wrong as we dont belong to Rajput caste. I've old OBC certificate for both State & Central Govt. format. Many peoples from our caste write "Patwa" as their surname. Anyway, I am okay to write my name as "Deepak Kumar" as all my documents have same name and atleast it does not have any wrong surname if not having "Patwa" as surname.

I recently got married and my wife maiden name is "Surbhi Sanoriya" and has this name in all her documents. Now this is again a wrong surname used by their parents "Sanoriya" as they also belong to "Patwa" caste and her surname should be the same.

As after marriage, girls name can be changed, so, I want to change her name to "Surbhi Patwa" and had already given the same name in my Office for their record. Now, I want to update her Aadhaar card name also to "Surbhi Patwa" and make new driving license, voter id, passport, pan card with same name as she did not have these documents till yet.

Is it possible?

One of my friend said, your wife name follows your surname and would become "Surbhi Kumar" which would be wrong as "Kumar" is not a surname and generally used as middle name in India but it is being treated as my surname at some places as my name don't have surname. Also, they said even if I debate that "Kumar" is not a surname, then your wife name follows your father surname and become "Surbhi Singh".

I want to update my wife name as "Surbhi Patwa" in her Aadhaar card and make her IDs as mentioned above with same name. As mentioned, I have State & Central Govt. old OBC certificates. Please help me urgently!!!  :(:(

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     29 May 2014

Please follow name change procedure through gazette and publication of change of new name u can change your wife new name in all her necessary documents.

Regards,

Adv.NIKHIL SETH

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     29 May 2014

normally she carries you surname as singh but your caste surname if you want to affix on your wife name means a long procedure has to be gone through before that first submit a letter in the bank and see what they insist from you then you decide what step to be taken 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register