Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh (NA)     18 May 2015

Name correction in land registration document(vijayawada)

Hi All,

I purchased a plot of area 180 yards in the year 2014 at Kanchikacharla(Vijayawada) and that has registered in the name of "Suresh Kumar". Actually my name is "Suresh Babu". It has wrongly registered as "KUMAR" rather "BABU".

I did not notice immediately as I was staying out of India. I noticied when I came back to Inidia and informed the same thing to property owner. They told me that I have two choices 1) Newly registration again 2) Name correction by providing affidavit.

It seems both options have same charges,I'm in confusion state whether I need to go for changing document or is it really required as they just mentioned KUMAR instead of BABU. Anyway, owner is ready to pay half of the amount either new registration or affidavit. Shall I face any issues with the current registration document while applying any loans or selling the property?

Please suggest and help me what I need to do.

Thanks,

Suresh

Learning

6 Replies

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     18 May 2015

You need not again register d property.you may get d changes registered.You may contact a good document writer for this.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     18 May 2015

make a rectification deed and get it registered. thats enough

vetrivelan.s (Consultancy )     20 July 2015

SIR, YOU WILL BE FACING PROBLEM NOT ONLY WHILE APPLYING FOR LOAN BUT ALSO ON THE OWNERSHIP ITSELF.  YOU CAN GO FOR A RECTIFICATION DEED WITH THE SAME REGISTAR OFFICE. WHICH MAY INCUR A NOMINAL EXPENSES. 

Krishna Murthy Pasupula (High Court Advocate )     18 August 2015

It is always better to correct the document- the same can rectify with Rectification deed

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 September 2016

Rectification deed is a document correcting the mistakes of facts in the original/principal deed.

(Guest)

Hi sir,

Similar to the above issue. In one of registration that is on my mother's name where there is a mistake in husband name. Could the correction possible under rectification deed ? Or need to go for new registration  and any stamp duty will effect? 

Thanks in advance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register