Name correction in birth certificate

I would like to make name correction for my 1 year old twins in birth certificate. I would like to add the parents initials and delete the last name. please let me know the procedure.
I am based out of Chennai.


To change a name one year or more after birth, the parent or guardian shall submit the following to request the amendment: a certi ed court order that speci es the information to be added or deleted on the registered birth record. A completed application, a valid government issued identi cation or notarized signature on the application, a completed af davit, and the amendment fee must be submitted with the court order.

In addition to the aforementioned requirements, if the request is submitted by a guardian, a certi ed copy of the court order establishing guardianship is required.


Hello.....How to change my name in birth certificate?thanks for sharing this information in correction in birth certificate 





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu