LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NARESH YELLA   31 October 2019

Name change through gazzette

I studied in my uncle home (father brother) from my childhood L.K.G to UG. Due to the ignorance of my uncle or school management or my father his name(father brother) recorded in school records. We came to know about this after my 10th class. At that time my father went to state board exam cell to change it but no able to change that. The state board exam cell people told that there is no necessity to change continue like that only.There is no harm.My father is uneducated and Iam minor so we dont the importance of this at that time.So I continued my education till PG with same name. Now iam working in private company. I have all my documents like birth certificate, passport, aadhar everything in uncle name
1.Now I want to change father name in gazette publication. is it good idea or continue like that?
2.With this publication can i change every documents such as passport ,birth certificate, aadhar,voter id
3.Is there any problem in jobs and job travel to other countries due to mismatch in educational documents and normal id

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 November 2019

The gazette permits change of the applicant's own name. In your case you wanted to change the name of father in your qualification certificate after a gap of more than 15 years.

1.There is no harm in continuing in the same name as no where your real father's name was mentioned.

If possible, get a notarized affidavit from your uncle that there was a mistake in recording the name of father, and guardian's name was incorporated by mistake, and Shri........................is father of .............................and ....................................is father's brother and is only a guardian.

Get the affidavit drafted by a local advocate.

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 November 2019

There is no chance of any problem. Has any real problem occured?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 November 2019

Depending on facts, members can only express their opinions confidently, and they can not issue a guarantee or assure if anything occurs out of the way due to misfortunes.  They can not guide on mere fears and apprehensions anticipating some issues as generally, these are not issues for identification of actual citizen's identity.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register