Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahulkumar   19 November 2016

Name change in ssc certificate

Hi sir,

I need to change my name in ssc certificate as it was misprinted as Rahul Kuamr they mis typed KUMAR as KUAMR i have passed out in 2007 and it has been a big problem for me as that is creating problem in my document verification in govt jobs kindly help me how to proceed further to change my name in the certficate and am from andhra pradesh

Learning

2 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     20 November 2016

If you  follow th the procedure herein you can change your mispelt  name in your SSC certificae in one month. It costs about Rs.1200.     If you appreciate this answerplese convey my forum thanks by clicking thanks.The procedure is herunder.:

Home / India / Govt Documents / Gazette / Name Change Procedure in Gazette of India

Name Change Procedure in Gazette of India

Anirudh Singh June 1, 2015 Gazette 640 Comments 90,475 Views

Share7

Name Change Procedure in Gazette of India (Gazette Notification) 

Name Change Procedure in India

1. Affidavit of Change of Name : –

For the Name Change Procedure, first you need to visit a Notary in the District Court of your City. You should ask him to make an Affidavit for Name Change. This Affidavit should be on a stamp paper of Rs.10 or Rs. 20. The details you must mention in the Affidavit are your Previous Name, Current Name, Your Complete Address, Reason for Change of Name.

Married Women should remember to write these details on Affidavit:

• Current Name with Husband’s Name and Current Postal Address
  • Previous Name with Father’s Name and Father’s Postal Address
  • Date of Marriage 

Also Read : Sample Affidavit for Change of Name 

2. Newspaper Publication :

The 2nd Step in Name Change Procedure is to get your Change of Name published in 2 Local Leading Newspapers. Please remember to collect at least 10 copies of both Newspapers. These may also be helpful for any other documents in future.

The Newspaper Publication must include the following details :

• Your Previous Name
  • Your Current Name (Changed Name)
  • Husband’s Name & Date of Marriage (In Case of Married Women)
  • Current Address
  • Date of Affidavit
  • Name of Notary

Also Read : 

Sample Newspaper Publication for Married Women :

“ I, Karishma Tiwari married Amit Singh (on 02-03-2015) residing at D-318,La-Place,Hazratganj, Lucknow have changed my name to Karishma Singh vide Affidavit dated 15-02-2015 sworn before Notary Ajay Pratap Singh, Lucknow”

3. Publication of Change of Name in Gazette of India:

The last step is to get your Change of Name published in the Gazette of India. For This Procedure, you will need to send a few documents in an Envelope to the following address : Controller of Publication, Department of Publication, Civil Lines, Delhi-54

The Documents which are to be enclosed in the envelope to be sent to the Controller of Publication are:-

1. Request/Forwarding Letter : This letter shall describe about all the documents enclosed within the Envelope.
  2. Specimen for Change of Name (Hard Copy ) : Take a printout of the Name Change Specimen. It should have the signature of applicant and 2 witnesses.
  3. Original Affidavit : Affidavit for Change of Name.
  4. Original Advertisement : The Newspaper Publication in Original.
  5. Specimen for Change of Name (Soft Copy) : Copy the Specimen File(MS Word File) of Change of Name in a CD(Compact Disc).
  6. A Postal Order/Demand Draft of Rs.1000 Rs.1100 in the name of Controller of Publication, Department of Publication, Civil Lines, Delhi-54. You will get 4 copies of Gazette Notification in this amount. Please note that the amount of Demand Draft will be increased from 31/03/2017. You can read the article mentioned at the bottom of this page to download the soft copy of the Gazette Notification.
  7. Two photographs duly attested by a Gazetted Officer pasted on a plain piece of paper with your New Name typed on it.
  8. A certificate duly signed by the applicant declaring that the contents of hard copy and soft copy are similar.
  9. An Undertaking duly signed by the applicant which shows his/her old and new name with complete details of father’s / husband’s name with full residential address declaring that the facts stated therein are true & correct to the best of his/her knowledge and belief. For individuals working with Central Government, they will be required to submit Deed for change of name in accordance with the Ministry of Home Affairs 0. M. No. 190016 / 1 / 87-Estt. dated 12/03/1987. In case of Indians who are living abroad, he / she will submit deed duly attested by the respective Indian Embassy / Indian High Commission, in original to this Department.
  10. Applicant should also submit a self attested Photo ID proof. Only the applications either submitted personally or sent by Post / Courier will be entertained.

Click on the Link for —> Specimen of Change of Name : Scroll down to the bottom of the Page to see the Specimen.

Note : Remember that these documents should not be older than 1 Year and you must be over 18 Years of Age for this Procedure.

Name Change Procedure in India

This Publication in Gazette of India looks like the Picture on the Right can be used as a Supporting Document for Change of Name in almost all Major Indian Documents like :

• Indian Passport
  • Pan Card
  • Election Card (Voter ID Card)
  • Bank Account
  • Ration Card

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 November 2016

The mistake is only a clerical error. This could be explained through an affidavit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register