Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Augustine Thambaiah (Technical Officer)     07 July 2014

Name change after marriage

Hello,

My Name is Augustine Thambaiah, from Tamil Nadu. I recently got married to Rosemol Varghese, from Kerala. We are currently residing in Tamil Nadu and got the government marriage certificate with the same names. I have included my wife name in our ration card as Rosemol. Please help me with the following queries.

1. my wife wants to change her name to Rosemol Augustine. what is the procedure?

2. Our names in the govt. marriage certificate is the old name, do we have to get a new marriage certificate with the new name?

Please help me with suggestion and advice.

Learning

1 Replies

Prakash   24 July 2016

hallo All,

I have the same question and ask hier itself instead of opening new thread. My wife would like to change her name after 8 years of marriage. We have given application  already to change in passport in foreign embassy here. It will take another 5 weeks to get the changed passport. We signen an affidavit form here but have not gotten any copy back.

My questions are,

1. can we directly apply and change in gazette without doing affidavit and newspaper publication?

2. How long will it take. Tamilnadu govt website says this week application will be processed and published next wednesday itselt? is it the reality?

Thanks for all help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register