Name Change in Saatbara

We had bought Agriculture land, But as My Grandfather was not a farmer, we have to bought it on my Mother's Name. That time The first Name mentioned on saat bara is My Mother's before marriage name. Now we have to change the first name to My mother's post marriage name.
kindly suggest the procedure!!
Lawyer in

A woman usually can choose to affix the last name of her husband to her name or replace her maiden last name with that of her husband’s. In India, the latter option is often preferred. But name change after marriage isn’t like a compulsory thing.

If your mother sure, and ready for a name change after marriage, then she need to first get a marriage certificate, which means she need to legally get her marriage registered. She will have to download a form from your state government’s website and submit it at Sub Registrar Office. She will have to submit an array of photocopies of documents like Aadhar Card, PAN card etc., whose list she can find on the government’s website. Please note that marriages in India are registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or the Special Marriage Act, 1954. You can find more details about each on the state government’s website or the central government’s website




Thank you sir for your Revert. Sir , Middle name and Last Name is same just want to change the first name. Still the process will be same ?

The 1st name does not change after marriage..

Until or unless name is changed and proepr procedure e.g. publication in gazette is followed..


Ok , we have not done any procedure for name change post marriage. But all current documents of my Mother like pan card , adhar card , voting id is of post marriage name. So if I want to transfer that land on my name or i want to take any agriculture loan on that land , will i face any difficulties because of that name ??

I have purchased the land in Raigad, Mangaon in 2010 but the 7/12 extract shows that the property belongs to Forest department.  The 7/12 has my name on it but since it is reserved as forest land, how can i sell it or have full rights to use it.

Please advise.

Thanks you. 

Rajesh Chettiar


This is simple procedure.  File your mother marraige card and all the docuemnts such as pan card, aadhar card, voter id before the Tehesil Office along with an Affidavit of your mother.  The tehesil will charge nominal charges.  The name will be changed as per your requirement.  


How it is possible that your mother's only first name was diffrent and middle and last name was same before marriage?


The property in panvel new mumbai serve no 6 is around 289 hector original owner of this property is sayed intekar ali khan he is the original nawab in Hyderabad

Sayed iftekar ali khan sahab original nawab



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu