Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

My wife is playing delay tactics, what can be done?

I filed for divorce in last december.It was a short marriage of 18 months. My wife was supposed to file her Case Info Statement by 30th April but she hasnt filed yet. She has not even responded to my interrogatories even though 45 days have passed since they were sent. 
Obviously,she is trying to delay the things.She knows that she will not be getting much in terms of alimony,therefore she is trying to squeeze as much as possible through temporary support. she has no intention to settle the case. 
My Question is 
WHAT CAN BE DONE TO PREVENT SUCH TACTICS ON HER PART? HOW LONG CAN SHE DRAG THIS?

Learning

5 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     10 July 2015

1. With delay condolence if (w/s written statement/reply by respondent wife) got allowed she can drag w/s till you run out of resources. Otherwise Law says 90 days. On next date of hearing if with valid reason if got allowed then another 30 – 45 days (depends when court gives next date of hearing). With payment if levied if pressed vehemently by your side say another 30-45 days (depends when court gives next date of hearing). For her defense being struck off by your side by pressing for the same and Lordship seeing your side’s merit Hon’ble SC says Lordship shall reinstate her reply rights.   

Advise:
Since it is a civil matrimonial case court are lenient towards empowered respondent. Hence since you have filed first, now relax and engage thoroughly in your career building and making money without being anxious when you going to see her smile (i.e. arrive) in Court to see you eye to eye. Abhi uske liye kaffi time hai.

[Last reply]

1 Like

SuperHero (Manager)     10 July 2015

now relax and engage thoroughly in your career building and making money without being anxious when you going to see her smile (i.e. arrive) in Court to see you eye to eye. Abhi uske liye kaffi time hai.

Super LIKE

1 Like

(Guest)

What you can do is, talk to her and ask her not to use these tactics. and tell her to agree for divorce and not to waste time in court.  man or woman life is between 25 to 50.  In this if you spend 10 years in court and then again 5 years in researching new partner total 15 years waste.  As you have filed for divorce, 10 years already gone of yours and hers due to her delaying tactics.  So better contact her and tell her  all this.  Time and tide wait for none.  either ask her to adjsut with and come live with you or you adjust with her and go live with her.  Mariage is a game whose name is adjustment. OR convince her for MCD rightaway and also start searching for mentally compatible partner right now.  All the best.

sunaina (house wife)     02 August 2015

Dear Helping hand, allow me to differ here on a point please...

I do understand you are a legal personality, Im not a legal person, but this point-

OR convince her for MCD rightaway and also start searching for mentally compatible partner right now

This is wrong, one goes through immense anger, frustration, depression...finding a compatible right away is not correct, at times people follow it seriously...they land into anchorage...emotional anchorage....which fills the pain and hollowness in the heart perhaps house, but in time, the new partner has to bear all the sorrow...and finally when the hurt person feels stronger, he/she may realise the new partner is not what they need, they are just temporary sponges...that cause more havoc...it damages another two lives again.

One needs to heal, get a grasp of self then consider another partner...we are teaching this gentleman to escape facing his reality..

Smiles(not meant to hurt anyone)

Cheers!

Harassedexhubby (self)     06 August 2015

Personally, If its not a serious issue like extra marital affairs, try to get back with her..All other issues are temporary and trust me the mind can forget all the past harassment with just a few happy moments.  If possible, cut your ego and live with her or get her to cut her ego and live with you..

Once you get into the legal side of things, it just gets blown out of proportion.. If she hasnt filed for 498a she could be looking to get back with you.

If you are looking for another relationship so soon or have divorced for that reason, you surely have issues..

Dont get into the pressure of family/social situations.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register