LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vipin K (AM)     25 February 2014

My unusual father

Well as i was going through the forums over here, I believe people gets the solution of their problems, if not atleast they get a direction to do the right thing. Having the same expectation i want to post mine..

My father been a very unusual one since I was born, he use to beat my mom since i was a child, he consumes alcohol and ciggerettes a lot, Well I believe it because of his profession that doesnt allow him to wide his senses on the other hand my mom who has sacrifices almost everything for me and my 19 year old sister. My name is Vipin and I am 25 years old working in a private firm in Delhi and living in a house in Delhi only owned by My Grandfather. SInce my father was very immature during his childhood he has been following the same till now. I am done with the believe if he is every gonna grow up and take the responsibilieteis. He has done a numerous affairs with girls when i was young i guess 12 years old while he was giving home tuitions to some girls when we used to live on rent. Now he is 52 and he is still the same, dont want to take responsibilites for me or my sister and dont even care for my mother. In Year 2000 since my mother filed a case against him and left home taking me and little sister along and to me to the nani's place as he has gone brutal and crossed his limits. After nine months my mother took back the case and started living with my father again in place which my grandfather purchased way back in 2000. The story continued the same way as it was earlier and it use to happen every year when my father use to get angry on very small things and abuse my mother and us. The problem is he is not able to sit and discuss with calm. What he only does is throw things, abuse us and in the end my mother has to cry a lot and beg him to forgive her which he enjoys and thinks that this is the way he and everybody else should treat his women. Well the last time I remember was the May 2012 when he got angry on a very small issue and started abusing my mother the as everytime my mother started living in our room on the first floor and he lives alone on the ground floor. He never gives a penny for any of the expenses, electricity bill, ration, water bill. Now all he cares about is himself, mom and I are doing all the expenses at home. he sometimes threatens mom that either she should die or we should kill him. The worst part is that my grandparents are also on his side as they have lost their two sons and they thinks third one is also going to die soon as he consumes alcohol a lot. My grandfather has told me if my father dies he is gonna take back his property and we would be on the road again. Right now the this house is owned by grandfather and my father holds the power of attorney and as per my grandfather's will the house will be transferred to my father after death of my grandfather. One thing I forgot to mention my grandparents doesnt live with us rather they live with their eldest son's widow in a house 14 km far from our house. My father is the second son. My Chachaji is living peacefully with his family in self owned house near to my Grandparent's home and my youngest chachaji was dead before i was born. My Tauji expired in Feb 2012 Only.

All I want is a peacefull and better life for me and my sister and Mom.

Is there any action that we could take in order to make our living betters?

Sometimes he does very unusual things like he dropped all of the kerosene oil over himself and threatened us that he will burn himself.

What are the options do we have??

My grandparents told us to leave the house and get a rented house for 3 of us and my father should be left alone in this house.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     25 February 2014

You and your sister both are major now so as to take care of yourself and your mother. If the house belongs to your grandfather then, you cannot insist to stay there. You can take some house on rent and stay with your mother and sister. If you want to go legally, your mother can file for maintainance against your father so that she can help herself financially if she is unable to maintain herself properly from her own income. Your sister can also seek maintainance till she gets married if she is unable to maintain herself.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register