LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay (member)     12 October 2013

My salaary has been kept on hold

I am working in a health sector. HR dept has holded my salary of last month without giving me any notice regarding the same. Kindly help me what to do now?

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 October 2013

What is this establishment: Commercial or Industrial?

You are in which state and Redg office /HO of the company is in which state?

What is your designation and nature of duties?

First of all submit a gentle representation (with a copy to you under proper acknowledgment) addressed to payroll executive, with a copy to Head-HR, may be submitted and request to reply the reason for not paying the wages in writing immediately and to disburse the wages.

The wages are to be paid on usual pay day and should not be later than fixed pay day as in various enactments e.g. Payment of Wages Act……………….

If these HR personnel do not reply escalate to good offices of appointing authority, MD, Company Secretary…………… and request to reply the reason for not paying the wages in writing immediately and to disburse the wages.

If the good offices also do not respond the options are to approach Works Committee, Grievance Redressal Committee, Employees union, Trade Unions, Lawyer/law firm Inspector under Payment of Wages Act, Inspector under Shops and Commercial establishment Act……………etc………….

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register