Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi Kumar B (SSE)     24 July 2012

My grandfathers property divided by his sons

Hi ,

My Grandfather has 2 Sons and 4 Daughters of which eldest son is my dad.Post my grandfather's death my Grandmother and all his children including my dad were staying in a house which i heard is my father's grandfather property from 1960's. My father being the eldest took over my grandfather's job and looked after the family. He performed marriages to all his younger once but none of hem was faithfull and wanted us to leave the house . So we left the house post my grandmother's death. After several disputes my father and his younger brother partitioned the entire house into two in front of the local corporator and we bulit a 3 storyed in our area.

So my question is  none of them(my dad or his sisters or his borther) have a single paper for this property and not registered as well. Only proof we have is the electricty meter is in my fathers name from past 25+ years and we are paying tax for our parrtitioned property from last 4 years when we bulit. So can the remaining 4 sister put case for share on the property as there is no will for this entire property? Also if i want to register the partitioned property on my dad's name should all the 4 sisters and brother sign in front of registrar? 

Any other suggestions to safeguard my dad's partitioned property ?

Learning

2 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     24 July 2012

Gererally it should not be much difficult in making mutation of yours father partitioned property, but one thing you have to put in your mind that your father's sister do have a share in the property, you can have proof of staying in the property for fifty years but the share of your sister cannot be denied.

Utpal Mahato (Accountant)     26 July 2012

After my grandfather's death land was distributed verbaly. now the given share of land of my father, my uncle wants to sell that land without my fathers consent. is it legal ? Can he sell the land

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register