LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

indraneelbhattacharjee   20 February 2015

My earlier post about the authenticity about the will

I Thank Adv Pimpalkar and Adv Saravanan from the core of my heart for your Valuable and the prompt feedback. We are not sure whether the property was given by the father of my brother-in-law to him as we have no documents indicating that. The Property Card chain shows only my brother-in-laws name and after his death it was transferred in the name of my cousin sister who made this will. Currently the property card has her name. She didn't have any children and made this Will. She had kept a very small amount to be given to the Husband's Side after the sale of the plot and from her movable assets, as she was mostly looked after,  during her life and prolonged illness (CANCER) by her Father's side and not by her Husband's side. Is Such will valid? 

Although her Husband's side was allotted only a small amount by the will and there are all together 19 beneficiaries having been allocated various percentages I brokered peace between all the beneficiaries of the will including the Husband's side and through a memorandum of understanding to divide the proceeds the sale/liquidation form all her movable and immovable property/assets in the ratio of 35% to the Husband's side and 65% to the Father's and keeping this ratio it would be shared equally among everybody in the respective side.  This MOU has been well accepted by all our family members including the husband's side. Now Problem is that the Advocate of the builder with whom we are almost through in our deal of sale of the plot says that such property can willed and the husband's side only has the right to apply for succession certificate and letter of administration. Thus I seek Direction and your valuable advice.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register