Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

UMA (abc)     07 June 2015

My brother in law is illegally using our permanent address.

Hello,

My brother in law is illegally using our permanent address. Initially he started with Bank for credit cards, then he prepared Voter's ID, now he has registered his Car RC and Bike. He doesnt stay with us. He is a fraud person and has many cases on him.

Please suggest under which section can i file the FIR.

Learning

7 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     07 June 2015

By brother in law U mean,UR sister's husband.U should  have restricted his activities in the initial stages itself fully knowing his past.Now it may lead to lot of complications and misunderstandings within the family.Legally UR query has no substance,hence settle the matter amicably.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     07 June 2015

You tell your brother-in-law to stop using your address in future and take steps to change the address in all his earlier documents.  Perhaps he may not agree.  Then take following steps:

1. Give a paper publication saying that he is playing fraud by giving your address as false address and any omission or commission arises out of this, you and your family will not be responsible.

2.  After publication, send the letter enclosing that advertisement to all those authorities to bank, voter ID department, transport authority where his driving licence and vehicle license were registered by speed post with ack. due.  Keep the copy of the receipt of those letters as proof.

3.  Also serve legal notice to him that not to use your residential address in future.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     07 June 2015

I just sugggested the above measure taking into consideration his sister.But if they feel that the behavioiur of their brother in law is irksome they can go for a legal solution.

UMA (abc)     07 June 2015

Yes he is my husband's cousin. A total defaulter. 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     07 June 2015

learned adv chandrasekhar had rightly adviced you.do that ASAP

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     08 June 2015

So he is not a direct member of UR matrimonial home.Then get rid of him as suggested by Adv.Chandrasekhar.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     08 June 2015

UMA,

U have another query posted yesterday" 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register