Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nilesh (running shop)     18 March 2011

My Mother is beeing harassed by my father

Hi,

My parent have 25+ years of marriage life. since child hood I have seen that my father is harassing my mother, abuse vulger words, hit my mother, also sometimes he says I will kill you.  He also blame that my mother is character less which is completely wrong. He doesn't buy any cloth for my mother. He insulted her in front of guest. He keep doing mental torcher. He treat my mother as kamwali bai. My mother is fed up with all this. she is not working and her  qualification is only SSC. She kept silence/hide thing because she dont want to make family matter public. but from the last 3 year situation is worsen and my father became too aggressive. Event i'm not staying with my parents because of my job. what my mother should do? should we first complain in police station? how should we proceed?

Many Thanks!!

Learning

7 Replies

Damayanti (Unemployed)     18 March 2011

You being a relative of your mother can file a DV case

(Guest)

Take your maa with you to your work place.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     18 March 2011

if you complain to police they definitely will arrest your father, but the problem will increase.

therefore it is wise to take your mother alongwith you.

if you have brothers and unmarried sisters, then it may be a problem.

Tarun Dhingra (Advocate)     18 March 2011

TALK TO YOUR MOTHER . THEN TAKE NEXT STEP

.HOWS YOUR RELATION WITH YOUR FATHER AND HOW HE HAS BEEN TREATING YOU ???

IF U HAVE GOOD UNDERSTADING WITH YOUR FATHER TALK TO HIM . 

IF NOT TALK TO YOUR MOTHER WHAT SHE WANTS .SOME KIND OF SETTLEMENT MAY B DONE BY CALLING FAMILY MEMBER(YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER PARENTS OR RELATION OR ELDER ) OF BOTH FAMILY . 

ONE THING I WOULD LIKE TO SAY U U SAID THEIR MARRIAGE IS 25 OLD 

SHE HAS BEEN LIVING  AND TOLRATING HIM  FOR 25 YEARS . WHY SHE WAS AVODING SUCH KIND OF THING AND SUDDENLY U R FEELING THAT HARASSMENT IS INCREASING BY YOUR FATHER ON HER .THIS THINKING MIGHT ONLY B FROM YOUR SIDE .SO BEST ADVICE WOULD B TALK TO YOUR MOTHER BEFORE TAKING NEXT STEP. 

GOOD LUCK 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 March 2013

please telll the forum before being further advised.  Is your mother willing to depose against father.

abdul (MD)     18 March 2013

Oppressing others and being silently opressed by others both is a crime, from what you have written your mother has been a very patient and tolerant lady and she must have sacrified and suffered a lot for you child / children and now that you have grown up, it is your paramount duty that you strive to give all the comforts in this world which you can legally and honestly achieve for her.

all i would suggest is if your father in manner can starighten himself, then take your mother along with you to a secure place and see that your father never comes near her, he deserves isolation. there is no use running behind police and courts, the max you can get is your father arrested for few days and he will return more aggresively and you will also be spending more unwarrantedly.

take care of your mother, brother 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 March 2013

you can do so only if your mother is willing to be saved.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register