LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrs Kalpana Tiwari (Advocate) (Advocate)     24 October 2009

Mutual Partition

My client father died in 1997 without will. He left one dwelling house. He had 3 wife and one daughter from each of them. Two daughters(married) living in that dwelling house and third one is living in other house with her mother. After my client father death they mutually decieded to live like third one got cash and jewellary and both living in dwelling house got there share in house. Now third one file a civil suit in court for partition to get her share in dwelling house. Tell me your legal view

thanks

Learning

5 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     24 October 2009

In my opinion, as the third one has got jewellery and cash it is deemed that she has got her share from the deceased's property.  You can argue that she is ineligible for share as she has already received her proportionate share in the form of jewellery and cash and hence the partition suit is not maintaiable. 

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     24 October 2009

Kalpana ji, If there is a y deed to the efffect that the jewelleries and money are in lieu of her share in the third wife ? If not, then, she has every right in the property. The third wife has not given reliqueshment with regard to the property. If everything was on mutual consent orally, how can it be proved in court?

Mrs Kalpana Tiwari (Advocate) (Advocate)     24 October 2009

physical posession is still in my client favour. She is enjoying her share right after her father death. Physical posession can be proved in court through various documents. After her father death first two daughters enjoying their share in property and the third at the time of fathers death lived in other house which was owned by her mother and her father lived there. Is that house can be called joint property of her father and mother.

Khaleel Ahmed (Legal Advisor)     25 October 2009

The first wife  and her child willbe the real successor of the property left by the deceased. The other children may be tr\eated as illegitimate children of the deceased. They will get their share if they proved the same in the court.

Mrs Kalpana Tiwari (Advocate) (Advocate)     25 October 2009

Thanks Khaleel Ahmad sir, In the suit filed by third daughter she admitted herself to be illegitimate child. The first daughter does not deny claim of second and third daughter. Infact first and third are united and having one counsel for both of them. My client is second daughter having physical posession of her share in that house. It was orally decieded after her father death that first and second daughter would share the house as they lived for years and third one would get cash and jewellary. From 1997 after their father death they are living amicably.Unfofunately after marriage of third one her husband started the dispute in 2005 and file civil suit in senior division civil court for parrtition and asking her share in building.My client is running a school in her portion and to create disturbance the first and third are united and denying the mutual partition. How we should face them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register