Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak (SSE)     23 November 2017

Mutation of Property - Rajarhat BLRO (Kolkata)

I had purchased a Land in the year 2011 from a person (say Mr. Sarkar) in Rajarhat area,Kolkata. I got the property registered into my name and also did Municipality mutation in the year 2013.

Now when I applied for the BLRO mutation of the aforesaid property, I came to know that the previous owner i.e. Mr Sarkar did not get his name mutated in the BLRO records before selling the Land to me.My lawyer ignored this fact and did not inform me the same.

It appears that Mr. Sarkar purchased the property from another person (Say Mr Sen) but the Land was in the name of Mr Sen's wife who had expired before the sale transaction.So Mr. Sen probably sold the property to Mr. Sarkar representing as Mrs Sen's legal heir. As per BLRO records, the property is still mutated in the name of Mrs Sen who is no longer alive.

Now when I am trying to do the mutation of the property in my name, the BLRO office says that they need the Death Certificate/Legal heir certificate of Mrs. Sen in order to do the mutation in my name as the property was sold to Mr. Sarkar by Mr Sen and not by Mrs. Sen herself.

Mr Sarkar did not provide me with any death certificate or Legal heir certificate of Mrs Sen, hence I cannot produce the same in BLRO.

Kindly help if the BLRO is right in asking for this document, If not what is the actual process of getting this mutation done. 

Please suggest any alternate process of getting the mutation done without the Deat/Legal heir certificate.

Thanks
Deepak

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register