Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shabarish   11 April 2015

Muslim converted boy to marry muslim girl(family opposes)

Hi Friends

Need some expert advise.

I am a NRI Muslim convert boy from Coimbatore Tamilnadu, but living in Kuwait (converted to Islam in Kuwait through IPC). I am in love with a wonderful loving Muslim girl who is in Kerala. We have presented our relationship to our parents and results were negative. However we have been thinking of getting married without the consent of our parents.We have no idea, how to go about with this. 

The conditions we are looking at are:1.Register/ Civil/Court marriage. 2.Avoid notice send to girls house. 

Please advise us how to go about getting married with the above conditions. Please help us.

Learning

10 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     11 April 2015

Where do U want to get married in India or Kuwait

Dear Mr Sainath

Thank you very much considering me intend and taking the time to reply and advise.

We want to get married in India Tamilnadu. I have my permanent address in Coimbatore and my girlfriend in Kerala. More to add is her father is a gazetted officer would that in anyway complicate our process.

Looking forward to your reply.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     11 April 2015

Why would her father's official status complicate?

Her father's official status concerns me as, Govt employees are given very high preference.I am not sure but what if any documents pertaining to the Gazetted officer address are send by default to her house. And also am worried about the notice been send to her house. Otherwise nothing about her father's official status.

I am sorry if this was annoying. Hope you understand the situation we are in, fighting the worst possible imaginations or situation that may happen.We want to avoid even the worst case scenario.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     12 April 2015

If U R really interested in marrying go for it. If U are with fear complex, better avoid it. Nothing more.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     12 April 2015

I suggest you to marry that girl under Special Marriage Act in Tamil Nadu.  Engage a local advocatee to avoid any problem from any quarter.

shabarish   12 April 2015

Yes thank you for that advise sir. What we have planned is also to go for the Special Marriages Act in Tamilnadu. How can we avoid notice being send to the girls house?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 April 2015

First of all who told you that a notice will be sent to her house?  next, what prevents you both to marry by Nikkah since you both are Muslims now?,   You have not told about the willingness/objections from your house, if you have converted to Muslim, you can approach a mosque in Coimbatore and can ask their advise about this Nikkah and Nikkahnama after that, if that is not possible, you can marry her under the provisions of Special Marriages act.   For further help and assistance you can approach a local lawyer who will be able to guide you properly.

shabarish   08 May 2015

Thank you Mr Kalaiselvan.

I was always told that a notice will be send to the Girls and Boys address in the 1 months notice period.That is what is actually stopping us from getting married. I have also read on many websites that notice will be send.Sorry to bother you with this question again, Are you sure that notice will not be send to either of our houses?

kilimanjaro (md)     10 May 2015

contact these people and they will back u up forever , that too when u say that u converted they will help you sor sure  

https://www.tntj.net/

Im sure they have their office in entire gulf , you can also get their contacts and seek help there

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register