Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abdul Akbar (Senior engineer)     13 April 2015

Mother's right to deceased daughter's property in islam

Dear Sir,

My name is Abdul Akbar. We are from a Sunni Muslim family in Kerala state. My mother passed away two years ago. My gradmother was alive when she died. She too passed away 6 months ago. 

My mother has two borthers (my uncles). Now, they are claiming one-sixth of my mothers property according to Islamic Sharia. When I checked with some of the experts, they said they do not have property right because my grandmother have two sons alive (to look after her), so does not deserve one-sixth of her daughters property.

Would like an expert advice if my uncles claim is valid and do I have to give one-sixth of my mother property to them.

Learning

1 Replies

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     13 April 2015

As per the Mohamaden Law, your  mother's mother was entitled to get 1/6 th share from your mother's property since your mother died leaving her mother as one of her legal heir.

After the death of your grand mother, the legal heirs of your grand mother are entitled to get share over her property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register