LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dharmalingam (AGM)     03 May 2013

Mother's property

Self has purchased two sets of agricultural land and registered the same in 1990 and 1995 in my mother's name. The purchase details were declared in my property returns in respective years. My mother was dependent on me with no separate income of her own or any ancestral property.

I am having three sisters two of them married before purchase of property and one married latter.

Now mother is no more and before her demise my mother has registered 2/3 of the total property in my only daughter's name and 1/3 to my eldest sister.

Dear friends

Following are my querries.

1. Is this partition and is legal.The partition was witnessed by other two sisters.

2. Whether I can claim the whole property as it was purchased by me out of my own income

Thank you very much in advance

Learning

2 Replies

ramgopalpadala (Document Writer)     04 May 2013

Hi Dharmalingam, First u will ratify that the property purchased by you with your own money or not.  If u prove it, then the partition executed by your Mother is illegal.

Regards,

Rams Padala

Dharmalingam (AGM)     04 May 2013

Thank you Mr.Ramgopalpadala

As I have already wrote my mother and sisters were totally depended on me only. I have purchased the land out of my salary income and the same was declared in my annual property returns filed by me with our employer (PSU).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register