LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satyan (Software Engineer)     24 July 2013

Mother's name conflict with passport & marriage certificate

hi, after an extensive search in google, I found the this club. Hope this will solve my clarification/issue.

My Mom's official name is Nirmalakumari. Unfortunately is there are no official government documents available with that name. My parents didn't register their wedding in the year 1980.

In my Birth Certificate, my Mom's name is showing as Nirmala.

My Mom passed away in the year 1999 & the death certificate name is showing as Nirmala.

When I applied for the Passport in the year 2003, I gave my Mom's name is Nirmala Selvaraj (My dad's initial expanded) & also I received the Passport.

In 2011, I got married. In the marriage certificate, I gave my Mom's name as S.Nirmalakumari & I received my marriage certificate.

Now I have applied for Passport renewal attaching my certificates & necessary documents. During the document verification, the APO (Assistant Passport Officer) identified my Mom's name conflict in Old Passport (Nirmala Selvaraj) with the Mom's name in my marriage certificate(S.Nirmalakumari).

The officer asked me to bring atleast 1 government document for the proof of my Mom's name as S. Nirmalakumari.

When my dad approached the local registrar office to change the name in the death certificate, the officers declined the request saying the name in the death certificate cannot be done.

Can anyone help me how to solve this issue?

Is there any option available to change my Mom's name in the marriage certificate?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register