Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yashodhan Sharma (Production Manager)     19 February 2019

Mother died intestate

Dear Lawyers

My mother died intestate, My father purchased property (not inherited) in her name but by paying cash.

Father is alive, Me and 3 sisters are alive. How will the property be divided among us.

Sisters are already married and stay elsewhere, do they get any rights in the property as

my father, Me, my wife, My 2 daughters (One is married) other is in school live in that house.

Sisters are demanding part of property, Kindly help

Thanks in advance

Yashodhan sharma

Learning

7 Replies

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     19 February 2019

That means the property belongs to your father and is owned not ansestral ?

If so your father can distribute it among any of his heirs ,it is your father who will decide about the share distribution...

Thanks for your so quick reply learned advocate

But since property is in her name, my sisters say they are legal heirs in mother's property.

It is not ancestral, father had purchased it by his money, only that the transaction is very old and was done by cash money.

Is it sure that only my father is legal heir. My father want's it to be in my name alone.

thanks in advance

yashodhan sharma

If the property is still in the name of Mother then certainly they will get thier share.

Your statement is confusing,.

dear sir

property was purchased by father in mother's name. She died 2 years ago. Property was in her name.

Thanks

My dear the fact is that the property belongs to your Mother as the documents are in her name and she died without any will ,(even  though the payment was made by your father  ) 

The daughters have the  right to calim their repective shares, and they are entitled.

Thanks for clarification

thanks a lot

Most welcome dear...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register