Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishnan N (IT)     02 August 2015

Money cheating in the name of love/marriage

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm working abroad and I found a girl through Bharat Matrimony and expressed interest to marry and they accepted. But her Parents just told me that she' wanted to do IAS so let's see after her exams because I'm Tamil and they are mallus.

She was very much interested and we continued to speak. Due to financial problem she couldnt go for IAS. She told me her problems and then I offered help coz she was interested in me. I spent her more than 7.5 lacs of my savings just coz I'm going to marry her and she told she will return as well. She told she will speak to her parents after her exam and asked me to wait until exam...so I waited for more than 2 yrs. And then finally she just introduced me to her Dad and I spoke to him. But he told will confirm only after end of the year. So, I'm waiting for last 6 months.Now, she stopped talking to me permanently for last 4 months and no communication. It's been 2 years she never paid me back a single paise nor speaking for last 4 months. She told she's interested in me and will speak to her parents and that's why I spent more than 7.5 lacs of my years of savings, otherwise I hardly met her just 4 or 5 times. Now neither she speaks for me to her parents nor returning the money and no communication. She changed her mobile number. I'm a loser in both the way :'(. My 2+ years of waiting for her and money everything is a waste. I want to wait for another couple of months and then Can I file a case in case if she doesnt either contact me or retun my money? And since I'm out of country, what are the ways for that.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Krishna

Learning

8 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     02 August 2015

what proofs do you have for giving her money.how did you transfer the money to her account.

have you got any call recordings where she accepts taking money from you and her intention to return it back to you.

also collect proofs where she had agreed to marry you

1 Like

Krishnan N (IT)     02 August 2015

Thank you very much Sir. Yes, I have the proofs for the money. Initially few lacs I transfered to a  friend and friend transferred to her coz I was not able to add new beneficiary in Net banking at that time. But I have the proof for both of that as well. Another few lacs I directly transferred through Online money transfers. And remaning I gave her some expensive gifts and dresses... n I have all the proofs. Total >7.5 lacs. Yes I have Facebook chat proof that she will retun the moneyn thanked for my help as well. Regarding marriage, it was verbal when I met her and I have nothing in writing. But I have CHAT history saying that she likes me. And I have proof of Matrimony acceptance.

Thank you again for your response and time Sir.

Regards,

Jothikrishnan

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     02 August 2015

Please lodge police complain (FIR in nature) in both abroad police station and the police station of that girl.

Any of you relative can register in India. You need to keep all bank transaction statements that money has been debited from your accounts and credited to their accounts stamped and signed by bank manager, phone call records stamped by the service providers.   

You can lodge private complain also in Indian courts.

It is a cheating case U/S 420 IPC, 406 IPC.

Please read each of my posts carefully in the following links for sample petitions and other necessary clues.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Fight-against-misuse-of-498a-ipc--103100.asp#.U6gslUCm9dg

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Best-way-to-fight-against-false-498a-103111.asp#.U6gsRkCm9dg

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=104564&offset=1

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Why-speedy-trial-amp-perjury--124819.asp#.VbzWibOqqkp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Why-speedy-trial-and-perjury--124820.asp#.VbzWx7Oqqko

1 Like

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     02 August 2015

Regaining the lost money is a foregone conclusion,revenge is the only left option.But U can file any criminal complaint only when U R aware of her whereabouts.

1 Like

Krishnan N (IT)     03 August 2015

Thank you very much ALL for your invaluable expert advise and your precious time spent on answering my queries. It really helps. I very much appreciate.

Best Regards,

Jothikrishnan

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     03 August 2015

Welcome dear querist for accepting the opinion of the legal experts

1 Like

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     03 August 2015

Thanks! WC! Your immediate action required! Please register FIR first. Write in a white paper first and carefully with list of dates and events along with your complain in detail before appearing in police station. This is a cognizable offence.

1 Like

Krishnan N (IT)     03 August 2015

Sure, Thank you very much again, Sir. I'm in touch with her Dad Only as of now. In case if they stop contacting me n hide, I would wait for some time and planning to file FIR if they dont return my money at least as I know their whereabouts.

Best Regards,

Jothikrishnan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register