Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Money cheating case -land police

sir
we were cheated by a middlemen wtih money for getting land documents from a vao office. the land is 15 km from our home address. cheated amount is close to 6k ...should i file a complaint at our local police station or at the place where the land is located or does it really matter.
i would rather prefer this to be filed at the local police where the land is located and wanted to konw if this is OK.should i go this through a police route or a civil case..with this be a cheating/extortion/emebezzlement case category..

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     26 May 2015

you can file a cheating case u/s 420 and 406 for criminal breach of trust in the police station within whose jurisdiction the concerned land is located

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     26 May 2015

you should lodge the complaint at the police station under whose jurisdiction  offence of cheating has been committed.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 May 2015

The middleman has cheated you when you approached him for procuring land documents from the concerned registrar office, therefore the offence is committed at the jurisdiction where the registrar office is situated. 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 May 2015

i agree with learned advocate mr kalai selvan and mr bhartesh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register