Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priyanka   16 March 2016

Money & laptop recovery from my greedy family

Hi,

I'm 28 years old female working as software engineer in Mumbai, a Month ago i used to stay with my and brother in Thane and now I'm staying in PG in Mumbai.

My brother had borrowed rs. 5 lacs from me 2.5 years back () which he promised he will return in a year time. out of 5 lacs i had transferred lump sum of 3.5 lacs through net banking and cheques and rest through cash. He returned rs 50 thousand in 1 month of borrowing money from me but 4.5 lacs is still unpaid and he is not willing to return. He recently have bought luxury car which implies he have money and it is just his unwillingness of returning money back and

I want my money back with duly interest starting from the period he borrowed plus any fees I will pay for legal matters and recovery. (is this possible?)

He also have my latop with him worth 60k and i have invoice with me on my name.

My father is a driver, I had given him Credit card on my name, which he had used for filling up petrol and he didnt pay me back single rupees.

After all these disputes, I left my house and living as PG, only source of income is my salary.

1. How much time will it take to recover my money back?
  2. How much legal expenses i have to pay to get my money back? Can I claim those legal expenses back and recover from my brother legally?
  3. Is he liable to pay any interest on the amount he borrowed? what is % of interest? when the % will be calculated from ? is it from the date he borrowed ? or from the date i file complaint against him?
  4. Can i file recovery from Mumbai or I have to file case from Thane? 

Learning

1 Replies

Priyanka   16 March 2016

Dear Sir, How it is possible? I gave him money for starting his business. They took my laptop forcefully. There are many cases I have heard, that it is possible to recover, just have to file within 3 years.

Please answer..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register