Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit Malani (2nd Officer)     01 July 2013

Mobile phone tower installation

Good day

I live in Haldwani(Uttarakhand), my neighbors recently told me tht they are planning to get a Mobile phone tower installed in there compound which also is a school.As u know its really harmful for all persons specially to kids.Can you tell me a legal way to stop them from doing so.

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     01 July 2013

As per the recent guideline of the Hon'ble court it is illegal in populated zone. So, please filed a complaint to nearest police station and DoT / TRAI and if not received and response filed the complaint application to the Hon'ble Court with the help of Advocate.

Mohammed Ameenuddin (Sr. Legal Manager)     01 July 2013

File a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) petition in the Hon'ble High Court of Utterkhand to stop the installation of such harmful tower. Do not file police complaint, things can be managed at their level.

Mohammed Ameenuddin (Sr. Legal Manager)     01 July 2013

File a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) petition in the Hon'ble High Court of Utterkhand to stop the installation of such harmful tower. Do not file police complaint, things can be managed at their level.

(Guest)

@Querist,

Write an application to Municipal Corporation telling about whole incidents.Make an application under RTI and ask them under what rule they are allowing such establishment.

If first doesn't work,file a PIL in high court of your jurisdiction.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     02 July 2013

This is already named as the “Killer waves” declared by the World Health Organisation's International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) saying that  radiation from cellphone handsets and towers  may cause glioma, a type of brain cancer. Towers are more dangerous than handsets because they emit greater-intensity radiation 24X7, and despite this findings, in many towns and villages there is a rush to have the tower install in their land for a small monetary benefits without knowing anything about the KILLER WAVES .Yes, technology is fine, but stringent measures are needed, unfortunately, in many cases Complaints to authorities have not helped so far, and this void in the Legal structure should be address immediately by the appropriate authority. For the time being, writ would be more appropriate. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register