Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sarveshwara (QA Analyst)     08 December 2014

Missed lokadalat session what do next?

Hi,

I have missed notice sent from my bank for educational loan for 9 lakhs for aboroad studies which i took on 2008. I was paying intermdiate whenerver I got money.I came back to india only by 2012 and got job only 2013.Now I am earning at modearte salarty.But it went to NPA Account. I paid lumsum wheneevr they said that they will seize my property which I gave as Security. Now the loan is arount 6 lakhs after which i paid arount 8 lakhs inclusing Interest. Bank and my self had came to an understanding to settle down by some other loan like mortgage and to close off Education loan. Had a  good relationship between myself and manager as i would pay some amount whenever i get money. He offered the help to provide me mortgage so that i can close educational loan and other debits which was incurred by me. But when I Contacted today he asked me whether I got the notice from Lokadalat so that the remaing iNterest could have been waved off i would have attended. But i did not Receive any notice to my address. What shall I do now if i want to claim lokadalat is it beneficary for me as manager said could have waived off some interest or could be bank do that without LOK dalat. Please suggest me what to do ?

Learning

2 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     09 December 2014

Wait for next seesion.

c.p.s. ramachary (1500)     10 December 2014

Lok Adalat (wich is constituted under Legal Servuces Authorities Act), may send you another notice because it cannot give ex parte decisions. Hence do not worry if you have missed the notice or hearing of Lok Adalat. You may contact the manager who is going to help instead of hopelessly waiting for the notice so that you can do some spade work for desired results.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register