Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirankar Sharma (Group B Surveyor)     29 August 2017

Mismatch between tax demand & form 26as

Dear Sir,
Very recently on visiting “My Account” on E-filing site only, it has come to my  knowledge that : In assessing my physically filed ITR-1 for AY:2010-11,my Jurisdictional AO has inadvertently or intentionally overlooked part of Tax Credits available in the form 26AS of relevant Assessment Year  and on 02-09-2011 uploaded Demand Notice of Rs.21000/- under Section 143(1a); Which has neither been ever communicated/delivered to me, nor it is uploaded on E-filing Site.

Please suggest me the remedy available to  get the issue resolved.
Thanking.

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

Since revised return for AY10-11 is closed and hence the only option for you is to meet the Assessement Officer in person with data. 

1 Like

Nirankar Sharma (Group B Surveyor)     29 August 2017

Dear Sir

As such presently I am not stationed at the place of my jurisdictional AO; In the absence of a comunication - should I raise the matter for solution through E-Nivaran link on efiling site ?

Thanking.

(Guest)

Yes Sir, Looks the right approach. in the E-Nivaran Portal navigate the below

Assessing officer (ITO/ACIT) or supervisor Hirearchy > Incorrect Outstanding demand to be corrected by AO > Incorrect Outstanding demand to be corrected by AO

select the AY

Attach the snapshot of Form 26AS 

Regards

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 August 2017

There could be several reasons for non matching of TDS. as follows.

Non filing of TDS return by the person deducting TDS.Quoting of wrong PAN No. & TAN no.Omission of includes details of payments of TDS.Quoting wrong challan identification no. Wrong amount being mentioned in TDS return.etc.  You have to approach assessment officer and clarify all his doubts with documental evidences.

1 Like

VARUN MAHAJAN (Proprietor)     29 August 2017

SIR

I WOULD SUGGEST YOU TO KINDLY LOGIN TO TRACES SITE AND FILE A COMPLAINT REGARDING TAX DEDUCTED AND THE SAME HAS NOT BEEN DEPOSINTED AGAINST YOUR TAN  DO UPLOAD YOUR FORM 16 OR ANY OTHER EVEDENCE SHOWNING THE SAME IN SUPPORT.

THE SAME WILL BE DONE ONLINE ONLY YOU NEED NOT TO VISIT THE TAX OFFICE.

ON MORE THING DO WRITE A LETTER TO YOUR ITO & INCOME TAX COMESSIONER 

1 Like

Nirankar Sharma (Group B Surveyor)     30 August 2017

Dear Sirs'

Thanks for the valuable guidance on the issue.

There is nothing wrong in form 26AS . All the details are o.k and in order.

Mismatch appear to have been occurred between Tax Computation & the Credits available in form 26AS. Tax Credit of Rs.9315/-ONLY in item number 1 of Part A of 26AS for the AY:2010-11 has been taken into account for computation out of the total amount of tax credits of Rs.26655/-(PART A 9315+4680 + PART C 12660). 

I do feel the feasible REDRESSAL through E-Nivaran link on Efiling site only.

Again with thanks and regards.

Nirankar Sharma

Registerexperts (company registeration)     10 November 2017

Yes Sir, Looks the right approach. in the E-Nivaran Portal navigate the below Assessing officer (ITO/ACIT) or supervisor Hirearchy > Incorrect Outstanding demand to be corrected by AO > Incorrect Outstanding demand to be corrected by AO select the AY Attach the snapshot of Form 26AS 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register