Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

confidential (hidden)     27 May 2014

Mental harrasment

hi i am badly looking for suggestion,

i am married to a girl last month and stayed togethar for 6 days and she went to her parents house but they started treating me like a slave, my inlaws and wife talking to me as that i have to go to them whenever they call me and they dont want to listen even i have work they want me to come to their place ,,, these sort of things happened

and that girl she is already divorced couple of years back now oafter marriage she simply told me that if i dont listen to her she dont know what she will do to herself (she used these words 3 times after marriage) iasked what she meant by that she said she dont know and she dont want me to suffer like she suffered in her previous marriage, so i have to watch out and listen to her

now i am scared of her hardly married and not even togethar nd she strted treating me on top of it her parents also behaving same way now i am worried even if i compramise now and stay with what if she did something like unwanted mess like i beat her or so so...coz no one listens to a man even he is true

i want to get out of the mess can i apply for divorce, what if she is not ready to give divorce and i am not ready to stay with her(i am scared of her all i can say)..

i spent every penny on marrigae nd now i dont even have money to settle with her

i feel like i am in hell now,can someone suggest me what to do

Learning

6 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     27 May 2014

You can not file divorce case within a year of marriage you have to wait for 11 more months , utilize these times and get started to collect evidences against her and make a solid ground to file and win the divorce case , go her background and collect proof o

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     27 May 2014

If you are really troubled so much and she has scared life out of you, then within one year, in extreme hard conditions, you can apply for divorce.  You have to file divorce petition on the ground of mental cruelty along with application seeking permission under Sectin 14 of Hindu Marriage Act.  The court first take up youur application under Section 14 and if it get convinced, the divorce process starts and the first stage is that mediation,in which both parties are given opportunity to conciliate their differences. 

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     27 May 2014

Why I have given this advice is that if she attempts or takes any drastic step hurting herself implicating you, then the pleadings in your divorce petition placed in the court record come to your rescue.  But also be prepared for maintenance, DV, Section 498-A and Dowry Demand cases to be filed against you.

confidential (hidden)     27 May 2014

Thank you for your valuble suggestions, i didnot take any dowry from her or no demands from my side

@ laxmi kant sir ... what do u mena by background verification and how to do it, collection of evidence how can i do that can you please suggest ..i am asking for my safety dont want to get into any mess thats is the reason..

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     28 May 2014

If the  marriage is  not consummated...i.e. no physical relations took place even for once...then you cnfile Petitin u.s.12[1][a] of The Hindu Marriage Act, nullity on non-consummation

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 May 2014

The best option available before you is the suggestion made by learned advocate Mr. Chandrasekar, if you are really living in a dire and nightmarish atmosphere, the best thing is to come out of her relationship and start to live away from her separately.  Or, live separately away from her for some time say atleast for another 6 months without communicating to her by any means, watch the developments silently, if things become alright, arrange for reunion and start rather resume your matrimonial life or proceed for divorce as suggested.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register