Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shikha (Manager)     18 December 2013

Mental harassment from bhabhi and her mother

Dear Experts,

My brother will complete 3 of marriage in January next year.  My Bhabhi has been forcing my brother to separate from our mother and myself, since the first week of their marriage. She and her mother have tried all tactics to directly mentally harass my brother and indirectly harass my mom and me, including threats of sending us to jail, killing herself, and filling a divorce post which my brother will have to pay her alimony. She has also tried to act abnormally by crying, hauling and sitting down on the floor and talking things without any sense. I also have a voice recording of her, where she is threatening us and behaving abnormally, at her mother’s place. 

Since the last 2 years, neither my mom, nor I have spoken a word to her but still she pulls out nonsense situations to fight with my brother.

We belong to service class, are a family of 4 members with my Mom, my Brother, his Wife and myself. I am an unmarried female. Currently, it is only my Brother and I who are working and baring the household expenses. We are staying on rent and do not hold any properties. My bhabhi used to work in the same company as my brother’s but took a break for her marriage. After an year she joined another organization but worked there only for about 6 months. After another break of almost a year she has taken a shop on rent, which seems to be running decently but has obviously never been asked to contribute in the household expenses. My Bhabhi’s mother is on pension and her brother is not working. We do not have any properties. My brother currently holds a debt of approx. 4+ lakhs and I have a loan of 8.5+ lakhs of which I took 6.5 lakhs on behalf of my brother.  

We have been agreeing to all her demands since the past 3 years, since my brother cannot afford to give her alimony from his income. Request your advice and if we can go for filling a divorce case against her.

Regards, 

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)
Filling of divorce shuld not be done. ...she will immediately file case like 498A/406/34 IPC,DV case etc cases related to dowry harassment...and can claim maintenance frm her husband . immediately get in touch with SIFF /SFF/Sahodar volunteers in your place numbers available on website. .. u can all call me at 9711259959

stanley (Freedom)     19 December 2013

@ author 

1. you have stated that your babhi has taken a shop on rent . As you state that it is running decently what would be her source of income has to be assessed first and if she is able to sustain her self with that income or wait for a year to file her IT returns and try to get a copy of the same . 

2. Once you have the above and she tries to claim maintenance you can sumbit  a copy of her IT returns in court stating that she runs a business and so and so is her source of income with which she is able to sustain herself . Since she is a working women than she wont be entitled to maintenance. 

3. Gather as much evidence as possible of her misdeeds and the same can be used against her in the court of law .

4. Newtons third law of motion would follow " For every action there would be a equal and opposite reaction "

Hence when divorce would be filed she would file false counter cases like Domestic violence act , 498 A etc and would also claim maintenance and these cases run for a period of 5-7 years . All you have to do is contest these cases and without any evidence on her part she would succumb to her own misdeeds .Hence dont worry and be happy and nowdays courts are well aware of such false cases being filed . 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register