LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tannistha Sinha   27 May 2018

Mental harassment by husband

I am married for last 10 and half years. Just after an year of our marriage me and my husband was asked to leave the in-laws property and since then I live in maiden house My husband gradually starred getting diverted from me. I don't know if he had any relationship outside or not but his behaviour towards me started changing. He was least bothered about me family or about relationship.used to push my away when ever I tried to be close to him and started suspecting me. That suspect used to kill me from inside and ever time used to ask me who I am with or who am I sleeping around. Gradually after 5yrs of our marriage I got diverted..but then after we had a child. My son is close to his dad but no change in his behaviour..he is always rude to all..me our son my parents..We stay with our parents. Now the situation has turn worst..he always blame me of going around with someone..he always ask me same question who I am with who I am sleeping around with and that is really insulting.asi am 38 yrs now and such questions always in front of son parents and all are really insulting. He even ask such questions in front of my friend's.. insults me in front of all asking such questions. I am a working lady and this is a mental harassment for me.i am looking for help and suggestions as it is now beyond my tolerance.please advise.

Learning

4 Replies

Aman chawla (DELHI HIGH COURT ADVOCATE)     27 May 2018

Mam if you think that now it is becoming intolerable for you, then you should sit with your husband and make one on one discussion about how his behavior is causing great mental stress on your mind. 

If he still doesn't change his behavior towards you,  then you have the option to apply Divorce on the ground of mental cruelty as pointing fingers on the women character by her husband is come under mental cruelty.

Regards,

Aman Chawla

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     27 May 2018

Advice depends upon what you want to do, you have two options:-

1.    Stay with your husband and continue life as it is going.

2.     Apply for separation.

If you choose 2 options then try to collect evidence of your husband cruelty to words you and your family.

After collecting evidence of cruelty, you may file Domestic violence case, Divorce case, Maintenance case for you and your son.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     27 May 2018

Your husband doesn't trust you, nor you are happy with his behaviour, best course for both of you is to call of the marriage throught divorce by mutual consent. The day you file for divorce on the ground of cruelty, your husband will defend it and create unnecessary problems for your divorce case, your charges of cruelty because of false charges about your character will always be denied by him in his reply (WS) to your divorce petition and it will be very difficult for you to prove that he levied these charges of bad character. The divorce on the cruelty hardly gets through so easily and best course is divorce by mutual consent, where you can seek custody of minor child and avoid any permanent alimony from him for yourself. You can seek regular maintenance for son as that is his right from his father.

Tannistha Sinha   27 May 2018

Thanks sir for the suggestion

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register