LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

1memyself   05 April 2018

Mental harassment at work

Hi, My question is that can i file mental harassment case against my reporting manager. I am with this company for last 3 months and he is senior person having 30 years of experience.From the day 1, he is doing his best to mentally harass me and humiliate me in every possible way, also he is making his best possible efforts to make sure that i should be chucked out of my job. I am a lady and this is against my self respect to tolerate any such humiliation but still I was going with the flow. But now i feel, he is a threat to my job and also to my health somewhere as my job is very much important to me and i am a good and sincere employee. Can anyone suggest me what should i do in this case? Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Teja Rane   05 April 2018

First take the issue with the hr team. Tell them the problem.if nothing is achieved via this avenue, then file a complaint in the local police station.take a copy of the complaint and maintain it properly. Try to find out why the officer is behaving in such manner and whether he conducts himself in such fashion with other employees too.You can file a defamation case but will have to prove your harassment.

B S MURTHY   05 April 2018

May be that the boss has framed preconceived notion about you.  As a first step, try to have an exclusive meeting with him without any body else.  Make him express his feelings about you and what he expects of you.  With this, his ego may be satisfied.  You also express yourself that you would respect him as a boss and seek his cooperation. and guidance in your job to bring out the best of you in your duties.

After the above step also, if he is not cooperating and harrassing, conduct the similar meeting along with your collegues.  Repeat such meetings a few times.  He is more likely to bend.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register