Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shamanix (Self)     01 September 2014

Mental disorder

Hello everyone,

I have been married a year now and living in Hyderabad. After a month of my marriage, i discovered my wife was having fits of anger on small issues. Not trusting me, getting angry at m meeting my friends, etc etc. She has cut herself several times. We went to the psychologist and psychiatrist and the test revealed a mental disorder called Borderline Personality Disorder. She has made my life hell and her parents are threatening me to keep her.

I want to know can I get divorce or annulment by proving her mentally unstable? I have been cheated. They hid fact that she used to cut her before marriage.

Please help:(

Learning

2 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     01 September 2014

Dear Mr. Shamanix,

1. This sort of borderline personality disorder does not constitute mental illness. This is due to some mental stress and some trauma and lack of some hormones.  Medicines will bring her mind at rest. Do not think on lines of divorce. Anger is an emotion and every one has it. Have faith she will get alright after taking medicines.

Shamanix (Self)     02 September 2014

Thank you so much for your reply Mr. Rohit Sharma,

Borderline Personality Disorder is not curable but can be controlled. In fact the medicines were prescribed by the doctors and they were taken by her. But the suicidal tendencies did not stop as there was an incident of medicine overdose. Her parents sensed that this case was serious but instead of helping me, they left me be and threatened me to never leave here. 

It is not that I have not been a caring husband. Please don't see it that way. For one full year I have been taking care of her like a child.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register